Chapter 44: The Beginning of Winter (Part 2)

A.N.
After a long, long break with my skills a little rusty a managed to write a new chapter. The story still takes somewhere on December 21th. So Christmas spirits still exist in this story.
So let me know if it was worth it to wait.
Wish you guys all the best~
Bye :D

I was leaning against the wall in the hallway just around the corner, nearby gym, waiting for pissed off vampire.

'Wait a second, why I am waiting for him?' The gym's door opened with a creak and was closed 'Is it finally over?' I started walking towards the corner to peek around it.

"How dare you throwing things at me, Orokana?!" suddenly the red-head appeared all irritated and mad, pointing at me with his index finger. I was looking at it and God knows why I did it but with my fingers I grabbed his pointing one and gently shook it. Ayato blinked not knowing what was happening. "Tch. The hell you're doing?" he shoved my hand away.

"I don't know"

He flicked my nose and folded his arms.

"Ah c'mon, you starting that again?" I rubbed my nose.

"And I'm not done with only that" he grunted. I let out an evil giggle which made vampire to tilt his head "What's so funny?"

"Flexing your arms muscles?" I smirked.

"I'm not!" he instantly unfolded arms.

"You're still doing it- Ouch!" he flicked my forehead "Dude"

"Back home you will get way more then that"

"Shocking" I pretends to be surprised.

The vampire scratched the back of his head, making the 'tch' sound.

"Dude. Really ? Are you trying to impress me by flexing your muscles again" I couldn't refrain myself from mocking him while making the stupidest grin. For a moment he looked at me angrily with a hint of embarrassment, I guess, but it was replaced by devilish smirk.

"Ha? That's interesting, you keep pointing this out " he leaned closer "you are a pervert, aren't ya?" he grinned.

"Hmm...Touche my little talking takoyaki. But the truth is, it's just fun to watch your reaction to that" I giggled.

"You dumb-"

"Sakamaki !" a loud man's voiced cut Ayato off "practice isn't over ! Get back here!"

The boy cursed under his breath " Got it !" he answered and faced me "Wait me after practice" and turned around to walk back.

"Hold on. It isn't over ?"

"No"

"The hell I'm suppost to do in the meantime? And wait a second why should I be waiting ?"

"You ask too many questions. Just do what I say and find something to do to kill some time" he said after leaving me standing alone.

"Pft. Kill some time. Easy for him to say" I sighed.

There's nothing to do here. I could go watch practice but...too much attention would be directed to me, considering what happened before. Maybe a walking around the academy will be a good starter.
I was strolling empty hallways. The only sound that could be heard was my shoes stepping on the floor. All academy now seemed like an abounded building. Only without creepy background story, zombies, serial killers or mutant cannibals. I felt shivers going down mine spine.

"Wrong Turn all over again"

In the end of hallway I found the stairs that I had never used, nor did I knew about their existence. So the logical thing to do would be climb up the stairs which takes God knows where. That's how all horror movies starts and I did the same start. They led to the roof top where a scenery of starry night sky and sleeping city took my breath away. It almost seemed like a picture on a postcard.