Chapter 52: Those crawling things

"So these are your parents"

Me and Yui went to the kitchen to grab something to eat. She brewed for herself a cup of tea while I as a rule got a cup of coffee. Man, I love aroma of that heaven in liquid form. Also, for something to chew on we made toasts with avocados. Just a calm moment to enjoy while we can. Talking about nothing and everything, topics turned to a family direction. I showed her a photo that Rin gave to me on his visit.

"Yes, I see resemblance" Yui hold up the photo comparing their faces with mine "You have your fathers eyes"

"Really?" I took a sip of coffee.

This surprised me because I always thought that girls mostly takes after their mothers.

"Mhm, they seem to be as joyful as yours"

"Yeah"

"I'm sorry" Yui apologized "Didn't want to upset you more" she handed over the photo to me.

"Nha I'm fine. Growing up I wasn't alone, that some comfort"

Yui nodded "Even tho I was adopted but I felt love from my father. And regular church visitors known me good enough as well as I them"

"Company is important" I took a toast from a plate and took a bite.

"Probably, it would be nicer to grow up with siblings" the girl giggled "What your brother did back then was unbelievable. Are the other brothers the same?"

"Well, there were some moments…"

*A flashback*

It was an early morning in Alaska. I didn't found any of my brothers down stairs. Probably they were still asleep, I thought to myself. With a red robe and sneakers I went outside to get the mail. After taking the letters out I checked from who their were, when out of nowhere, two loud pops startled me. Now on the metal box was two blue and green spots of paint.

I looked at the house and on the second floor's opened window's windowsill I saw sitting Mamoru (the fifth son) with a paintball gun in his hand.

"What the hell, Mamoru?!"

"Calm down, calm down. It was false alarms" he chewed on a chocolate-bar "How many brochures did we get?"

Umm about five I guess"

"Thooose sons of bitches. I knew they won't listen"

"What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"Kaya, I was playing fair and squarer. I stuck the notes to the mailbox asking not to give us brochures. Did they listened? No. I waited till they come and personally asked them to not give us those things. They didn't listened. And now I will let my paintball gun talk instead of me…with a background of me shouting"

I walked towards a door rubbing my temple, asking God for some questions.

"Kaya" Mamoru called me.

I took a step back and looked up at him.

"You're my favorite sister"

"I'm your only sister"

"Can you make me something to eat"

Without saying anything I walked back into the house.

"…..Does that means yes? If so, waffles would be nice"

*End of flashback*

"That sounds…extreme" Yui stuttered not sure what to say.