Chapter 3 Wolfie Mysteries

Rowan and I watched Supernatural for a while until she had to go. After Rowan left, I went to the back of the house to my room and got on my laptop quietly to watch some videos. As I sat on my bed, I heard a low growling outside my window.

"What the...?!" I got up quickly to open the curtains slightly; when I got to the window and peered outside, I noticed a large black wolf sitting outside the house.

"Just like the one in my dream" I whispered.

I ran and changed out of my clothes, wearing only my underwear and a shirt I didn't mind shredding, before I slowly shifted into my wolf and chased the black wolf into the woods behind my house. My wolf is one of the rarest kind: a white wolf. It is because my wolf is so rare that I usually didn't tell anyone; there are some of my kind that think white wolves are meant to be the most powerful. Being the weak person that I was, I felt that telling anyone about my wolf would make the bullying worse; if people knew that the pack had a white wolf but it couldn't fight they'd be disappointed and angry with me. I already worried about disappointing my parents, I couldn't get through every day knowing I was a disappointment to the entire pack. The black wolf chased me into the woods and I hid behind a large tree, testing it's smelling capabilities. He easily found me and tagged me with his paw and ran off playfully.

Strange, I thought, most alphas aren't very playful at all.

I chased after him, and he slowed down, growling. I looked to where he was growling as he got into a defensive stance. There, I saw a small group of mud brown wolves stalking towards us. Rouges. I growled and stood next to the black wolf but, he stood protectively in front of me. Weird, I thought, maybe it's just alpha instinct. I allowed him to take charge as the rouges growled at us from across the clearing, their howls unsettling my nerves.

Don't back down, my wolf said to me in my mind.

 Alright, do you want control in case there is a fight? I asked her.

I felt her need to be in control and slipped into the back of my conciseness. My wolf is named Anna and, although her name sounds sweet, she is anything but sweet. She takes charge and isn't nice about it sometimes, but I couldn't live with out her. Everyone I have ever met says the same thing about their wolf, as well. The wolf tied to an individual's mind, body, and soul usually provides everything the individual may need such as courage or, in a physical sense, speed.

The black wolf in front of me growled loudly, calling me back to reality, and pounded his paw into the soft dirt, meaning to back off. The rouges growled, almost as if saying "We'll be back," and they ran off quickly. I took back control over my wolf and looked over at the black wolf confused but, I couldn't ask any questions in my wolf form unless he was from my pack. Yet, if he had been from my pack, wouldn't he have spoken to me by now?

 I was suddenly intimidated by the large wolf; was he going to hurt me? I started to think of a way to get escape the large beast, and my instincts began to kick in. In a great time of need, comes an even great desire to leave, as I always say. I hoped he wouldn't hurt me as I didn't mean to trespass on his territory. I noticed a quick escape route and sprinted towards it, hoping the black wolf in front of me wouldn't notice my absence. I had no such luck. As I neared the edge of the woods where I could escape into my house, I felt a playful nip on my hind leg and I tried to lose my captor.

I am not going to let him get me, I thought to myself as I ran faster.

I heard a loud growl as I got tackled to the ground, and I immediately whimpered, submissively lowering my head. As I found myself suddenly short of breath, I realized the position we were in.
A large male wolf on top of a small female wolf. Hard to breathe is an understatement. As this fact donned on me it also seemed to appear in the mind of my attacker too, and the heavy weight was lifted off me. I realized that I was now covered in mud, but that didn't concern me in the least and I let out a pant of relief, finally able to breathe, as I looked up at the dark wolf. He whined and licked my jaw, a sign of affection. I whimpered and moved my snout away from his, refusing to make eye contact. I was scared; what if he wasn't actually friendly. He might have been from one of the neighboring packs. What if he was from the Dark Sun pack, our enemies.
The wolf whined again and lowered his head. That's strange, I thought, alphas aren't normally this submissive and... apologetic. If he was from another pack he didn't seem to want to hurt me, at least not that he'd shown; actually, he seemed sweet.

I licked his jaw and gave him a wolfish grin. He looked up slightly, as if making sure I meant it. I nipped his ear and  gave him a toothy grin. He howled and I smiled inwardly as I nipped his tail playfully. The dark wolf growled softly and I ran deeper into the woods happily. He chased after me animatedly and excitedly, like a dog chasing his ball. I howled happily and ran faster.

I made a new friend. Although I had no idea who he was, or where he was from, I hoped we could play like this all the time, I felt some sort of connection to him.

*****Hey there lovely person! Summer is my favorite season. Warm nights laying under the stars, the smell of the night around me. What about you?
Comment below!****