Chapter 18 part 2 Motherly Instinct

"Who's after you?!" I asked and Alec threw himself down onto my bed lazily.

 Panting for breath, he smiled at me mischievously.

"My brother. Duh." He pulled out a cookie from nowhere and ate it.

I glared at him, crossing my arms, and sighed, "is that his cookie?" I asked, clearly annoyed.

"Maybe..." he said after shoving the rest of the cookie into his mouth.

He looked away sheepishly as crumbs coat a ring around his lips. I sighed. He was so cute and it was his brother's fault for leaving the cookie plainly hidden to be eaten.

"Fine get into the bathroom." I said, giving in.

I rolled my eyes as Alec hid in my bathroom, slightly giggling to himself; he was so childish. Soon a knock echoed at my door again, and I quickly got, opening the door. Erin walked in furiously, his dark eye brows furrowed in furry.

"Where's Alec? Have you seen him? I need to kill him and bury his fat body in the back yard." He grunted angrily, scanning the room.

I heard Alec stifle a laugh from the bathroom, and I coughed to cover it up.

"Nope, what did he do this time? Have you checked the game room?" I asked, trying to get his mind away from me.

"I checked his room, the kitchen, the game room, the living room, my room, and I asked Alpha Payton if he was hiding him. He wasn't very happy. Then I checked with Tyler and Jordan, they hadn't seen him either and now I'm making sure you didn't hide him or see him. You seem the most likely." He finished and stared intently at me as if he could encourage the truth from me.

I stared directly in his eyes, "I haven't seen him. Although I heard quite a ruckus in the gym a little bit ago." I said and tried to hide a smirk.

I knew there were mothers working out in the gym that day because Emily had warned me to stay away from them as we walked through the pack house with my clothes. They hated to be bothered, so I'd been told. He was going to get quite an eyeful, and an earful from all the cranky women. I fought the urge to snicker at the image.

"The gym you say?" He asked and turned to the door.

"I'm sorry about your cookies Erin." I said, chuckling lightly.

Erin spun on his heel, as fast as lightning, "hey.... I never said what he stole. How would you know?!" He glared at me as I started backing away.

Crap. We'd been made. I reached for the bathroom door and slowly opened the door. Erin started racing toward me angrily as I slipped into the bathroom and slammed shut the bathroom door. Luckily my bathroom connected to an empty guest room, so I ran through the bathroom and into the connecting empty bedroom. I ran out of the door and laughed my head off as I raced down the empty hallway. I felt the hot breath fanning my neck as Alec followed me and we raced down stairs to the main floor of the pack house. We were laughing like little kids who just got away with stealing our brother's crayon, giggling wildly. We tumbled loudly down the stairs as Erin raced down the hall yelling about how when he caught us we were going to pay.

"Sorry Erin, but we're broke!" I shrieked with laughter.

By now we had made it to the grand living room, and all the elders were sitting in rocking chairs talking. They all paused their conversations to watch us with amusement.

"Hiya folks. Byeya folks!" Alec cackled as we laughed together before he slipped on the hardwood and I ended up colliding into him before we all slid into the wall with a loud thump.

All the old men and women chuckled lowly and pleasantly as I tried to shove Erin and Alec off me. Suddenly the heavy weight was lifted off me and I sighed, being able to breathe again. Payton stood above me, holding out his hand to help me up. The boys began dusting themselves off angrily and flicking each other. I took Payton's outstretched hand and he helped me up gently.

"What was all that mess about this time boys?" He asks amused.

Erin pointed a large finger at Alec and said childishly, "he stole my entire cookie stash!"

I snickered, and Alec smiled proudly at his alpha.

"That I did. But only because he ate mine last time and he left it out in the open!" He said and pouted slightly.

"It wasn't out in the open! I left it in the drawer of my night stand in my room. You snuck in there and stole my cookies you little thief!" Erin shot back angrily.

 Alec looked at everyone, still pouting, and I thought he looked so adorable for such a strong guy as he crossed his large arms, and Payton chuckled lowly.

"We'll get you both new stashes of food." He said and looked down at me smiling.

"Fine." I said, crossing my arms knowing I was also at fault for hiding and abetting a fugitive, as a small smile fought its way onto my face.

I had a feeling I was going to do great here in this new pack. I had managed to make new friends, went to the mall for a few hours, aided a fugitive cookie-stealer, and would soon begin a ceremony to allow me to join a new pack all in my first day at the Crescent Moon pack. The ceremony worried me a little, it made my anxiety spike along with my heart beat every time I'd thought about it. I worried they would accept me at the ceremony, only to find I wasn't a fighter and I was unable to even keep myself safe, let alone others on the battle field. I looked between the faces of my new friends and hoped they would still like me, even after the ceremony.

****************

I think Katherine is doing well at finding her place within this new pack, what do you think? What is your favorite Chocolate? Comment!
***************