Awakened Sleeping Beauty

******Michael's POV********
The heartbeat monitor started beeping faster and faster as my sleeping beauty started convulsing. I yelled for a nurse and grasped Katherine's soft hand as her eyelids fluttered like small butterflies. A nurse soon arrived with a doctor in a white doctors uniform.
The doctor moved around me to the other side of the bed and started analyzing my mate. He was careful not to touch her too much, if you had a big alpha growling at you every time you tried to do your job you'd be careful too.

I looked down at my beautiful mate, and squeezed her soft hand gently. I hoped that in some way some how, I was helping. Even though I knew in my mind, there was nothing I could do to help Kat. Suddenly her eyes opened wide and she gave a shocked gasp, as if it were the first time she had breathed in fresh air in years.

The doctor and nurse both backed away quickly after I had growled at them to get away. I looked down at Katherine concerned, why hadn't she said or done anything yet? Seconds felt like hours rolling by painfully slowly. She blinked and looked around the room and whispered something.
As a wolf, I can hear everything, the nurse's heart beat, the cars outside the hospital, the birds flying above the roof. Yet at that moment, whatever Katherine whispered was lost in the startlingly small amount of space between us. My eyes locked with hers, her golden hair framing her beautiful face, her eyes the most vibrant and shocking blue I've ever seen, her soft lips without a single misplaced ridge.

I forget when the doctor and nurse left, sometime after I allowed them to take samples or whatever they needed and told them to leave when they were done. I guess word for around the staff pretty quickly, they didn't even try to make me leave, I guess they learned from the first time they tried to take my mate from me. No one takes my Katherine. Especially after everything we've been through. I admit, I am pretty sensitive about her not being in my sight at all times. My job is to protect her, its my job and my right, and no one will ever take that away from me. If someone does try to take my mate, they shall not live long.
I continued to hold her hand. She hadn't said anything yet. I stared down at her confuser as she looked around the room as if it were for the first time ever. I guess it was, but she had been in a hospital room before. Finally her eyes landed back on me, then down at our joined hands.

"Can I have a cup of water? " she asks finally breaking the silence.
She seemed almost timid. Is she scared of me? Of course she is too prideful to admit to ever being scared. "Of course sorry. " I get up and get her a cup of water from the sink. I return to her and hand her the plastic cup.

She downs the entire thing and looks over at me, her eyes slightly wild.
"Katherine, how are you feeling? It's killing me not knowing. You almost died and I never-... I never got to tell you... "I trail off and look up at her.
She looks up at me expectantly.
"Tell me what?" She asks.
"I never got to tell you how I feel. Considering everything... I didn't exactly have the chance." I mumble and rub the back of my neck awkwardly.

"Bull shit." Was all she said.
I look up at her quickly, she doesn't believe me? About what?
"Wha-" I start.
"You had every chance to tell me how you "feel". If your definition of telling me how you feel is rejecting me, then hunting me down, waging war, then kissing me when I was angry, then I don't want to hear it. You did so quite clearly. When you rejected me. So unless for some reason you have a time machine that allows you to go and fix that, I'm calling bull shit on these "feelings." Unless you happen to have a magical cure for aching body parts, I suggest you go get me a nurse right now or you won't be able to do much for a while. " She threatened.

I stare at her shocked for what feels like years.
"Katherine I... I kissed you because you were about to kill a pup from your own pack. You would have hated yourself forever if I hadn't calmed you down. It was the first thing that came to mind that I knew would work. I know what you're doing. You can try to push me away all you want, I know why. Don't blame yourself for sergio's death, it won't help and it wasn't your fault." I look up to see her, her eyes scream out as someone who has been broken too many times, and blames herself for everything.

Suddenly she is on me, hugging me and crying into my shoulder. I hug her back tightly and murmur sweet nothings under my breath, as I rub her back.
We'll be okay. It's all going to be alright my queen.

*********Four Months Later*********

It took Katherine a while to get used to being around everyone again. It took her even longer to get used to me, hovering over her all the time. At first she was shy to everyone. Even her friends. Then she started becoming more and more comfortable with everyone hugging her and talking to her and asking her things only a Luna would know. She's been brave.
The whole pack is very proud of her, our soon to be Luna. After the first few weeks, she started warming up to me. I even asked her to be my mate again three months ago. She was unsure at first, I had to promise her a lot of things, but she said yes. I couldn't stand her being around but, not being mine. Considering Payton and sergio, I couldn't just let her wander around alone.
We've been mates for a few months now and I don't want to rush things, but I am considering proposing to her in a few weeks. I don't want to scare her or ruin our blooming relationship. I truly do love my Katherine and I want to be with her forever. Proposing is such a human concept but, I feel the need to show off my girl to the world. I want to show her and the pack that she is mine and that no one will ever replace her. I already have a ring picked out, to me a wedding is very mundane and human. But I think it would mean the world to Katherine. For something to finally go right for her, it would mean the world to her.

I have tonight all planned out. It's going to be perfect and everything will go to plan. She will be so surprised, I hope she says yes when I ask her to marry me. There is such thing as Alpha mates marrying. It isn't a very common thing but, it is a thing in more powerful packs there are ceremonies similar to marriage but they include the entire pack being linked forever. But those vary between countries and packs, traditionally those kinda of ceremonies are performed in larger more powerful packs.

I love Katherine with every fiber in my body, and I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with her. I want to marry her and mark her and make her mine. I want her to bare my pups and raise my children with her. I want to grow old and just be happy with her. All I want is my mate, my Katherine.

***********Katherine's POV**********
I miss my family. I have a new family in my old pack, but I really miss my parents. My brother has stayed here in our pack with his mate, considering everything I think it's fair. Michael has been a great mate to me. He has shown me around to meet all the new members of the pack, and was even nervous when asking me to be his mate again. Feeling the heaviness lift off my heart when I accepted, brought me peace. Now I'm actually happy, and the pack is finally becoming a home to me again. The members are my family and they are trying their best to make my job as the new (but yet to be ceremoniously fulfilled) Luna.

I'm glad I was given my second chance at life, as much as I think my family with the moon goddess misses me. I like to think my mother and father are there, awaiting me proudly. My life may be settling down, but I am far from being finished. The life of war and battle cries for me in my soul.

This will not be the end of The Chosen One.

************************************
That's all folks I hope you enjoyed my book! There will be a second book coming soon! A tale about Katherine and Michael, their wedding and future together! I am also writing another tale, a tale of a young girl finding her way. Take a peak at my other books soon!
~The Author