Chapter 27 part 2 Great Just Great

****Payton's POV*****
I raced after Chase as he led me through the thick woods to a cabin tucked into a small opening in the trees. Patrol said they had spotted movement lately and picked up Katherine's scent nearby and they immediately informed Alpha Raider and myself. I had been so mad at Katherine for ignoring me and giving me the cold shoulder since we'd gotten to the Blue Moon territory; as her mate she belonged to me and the implications of this ran through my head constantly when I considered where she might have been taken to. She could be hurt somewhere because she insisted on saving those pack members, if she'd just let me train everyone then I would have been me the rogues had attacked and she would be safe at the pack house.

I came to a halt as the old, wooden cabin rose into my sight. I sniffed the thick air, smelling wood and wet soil before I caught Katherine's scent quickly and raced inside the damp cabin. I shifted and looked around me in search of the usual signs of rogues such as blood and chains o the walls: brown leather couch sat in the far corner of a comfortable looking room, and a large flat screen stood proudly against the opposite wall from where I stood as a wolf on my paws. The walls were a dark forest green, and the floors were a nice oak setting. Katherine's scent was a bit stronger here inside what could be assumed to be the living room. I followed Katherine's scent up a set of stairs and down a narrow hallway, and as I opened a door on the right, her smell wafted heavily into my nostrils in a large bedroom where the scent was most prominent. Inside was a large bed with silk sheets and brown, wooden posts supporting the mattress. Alpha Michael was standing on the other side of the bed, his face a mask of pale terror. I scanned the room swiftly, noticing nothing out of the ordinary; then why is Alpha Michael so shocked?

I rounded to the other side of the large bed before following Michael's gaze and staring intensely. There, laying in the floor, was a pair of broken handcuffs and a set of dirty, but most definitely, Katherine's clothes. My wolf howled angrily inside me. Why was she here, who took my mate and handcuffed her to a bed in a cabin in the middle of no where. Why would her clothes be here on the ground if they aren't covering her beautiful body? If they've touched her we will rip them to pieces.

"I swear on my life, when I find who did this, I will kill them, slowly, painfully, and watch as every ounce of life drains from their eyes as I separate their heads from their necks." Murmured Alpha Michael angrily. He punched a nearby wall, bursting a large hole into the wood and drywall.

I roll my eyes and leave the large cabin, "follow her scent. Now. Find her and bring her back." I said evenly to my patrol leader.

I will have her.

*******Michael's POV********
I searched the entire cabin for Katherine or any leads as to where she was taken. I had arrived to the dark, and damp cabin of horrors first before Alpha Thomas. Not that it was hard to out run him and his beta. He didn't seem to be all there, he seemed distant, as if Katherine didn't even matter to him. I've also heard rumors about Alpha Thomas and Katherine's relationship before they'd come to my territory. The pack could sometimes hear yelling and loud noises coming from the upper floors of the pack house that the alpha reserved for himself and his "mate." They have said that after the long nights, the next morning Katherine would walk down those stairs, wearing a scarf or a turtleneck to cover the bruises. She apparently only told her closest friends what had happened the night before, though it wasn't hard for the others to put the pieces together. The beta's mate, Emily, was the person to tell me about Alpha Thomas's abuse towards Katherine.

Emily was also the strong she-wolf who held be back from ripping Alpha Thomas's throat out after hearing of what he put my mate through.

I may have treated her badly, but why would she endure through abuse from an alpha male who wasn't even her mate, for two years? Why didn't she fight back? Maybe she did, but she knew the pack would pay the price. That seems heroic and something within me knew that my mate was definitely the self sacrificing type. It made my heart ache knowing she'd been hurting all this time because she felt she couldn't return to her family and friends. Because of me.