Chapter 13 part 1 Shell of Lies

I fell asleep in the fetal position in the floor. I slept for a few hours and woke up aching in the middle of the night. I groaned, slowly rising from my knees, and walk to my room feeling empty and hollow. My eyes red and puffy from crying as I laid in the bed and curl up, not even bothering to pull back the blankets. I laid in bed silently, contemplating suicide. I quickly brushed the thought away with a stray tear. No. Others have survived the pain of losing a mate.

Not many, reminded my wolf in the back of my mind.

I groaned. You're not helping. At all. I replied and rolled over onto my side.

We'll be different than those sad wolves. I thought, determined, and closed my eyes.

If he was going to be a jerk and reject me then good for him. I decided then that I would show him what a mistake he'd made. My wolf growled in agreement; she was still grieving over the loss of our mate. She didn't really agree in pushing our mate away, but she knew that we couldn't just take this betrayal lightly. I came up with a plan and she agreed to it. I quietly sat up to pull back my comforter and I slid underneath my sheets. The cool cotton kissed my legs as I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep.

The next morning I got up early and waited for Rowan to arrive after I had texted her the night before. When I heard the knock at the door, I ran to the front door, and I let Rowan inside my house smiling a hollow smile. I had invited her over to help me with my outfit today. We went over the plan again: I would dress hot and make sure Mr. Alpha knew who he was going to miss. Then during lunch I would drag a boy of my choice out to the woods and have a talk with him, mess up our clothes and strut back into that lunch room to smile right at Michael. I wanted to give him the impression that I was unfazed by his betrayal and I had my sights on a different wolf.

Rowan and I walked back to my room and I yawned; it had been a long night crying and wallowing in my emptiness. She shoved me down into my stool that sat in front of my mirror and I sat as still as I could while she applied my make up. My mind wandered to Michael. I wondered what he was doing while I was having my shell of lies applied. I wondered if he was just as broken up about the rejection as I was. Rowan suddenly tugged hard on my hair and I was pulled out of my thoughts and I made a face at her.

"What was that for?!" I asked rubbing my poor head; it had really hurt.

"I saw that face you had. Stop thinking about that idiot. We're gonna give him a run for his money and he's going to regret everything he's ever done." She said sassily as she took another strand of my long hair and I sighed, looking away from my reflection and down at the desktop. She continued to turn my long, blond hair to beautiful, bouncing curls and sprayed clouds of hair spray that made me cough. When she finished curling my hair, she went to my closet and stood looking through the clothes in my closet, muttering things to herself while I sat on my stool silently.

She squealed, "this is it!"

She pulled out a white tank-top that, as I had worried, showed too much cleavage. In her other hand she held my leather jacket that I had bought years ago but felt too shy to wear. I started to shake my head no as she pulled out my shortest skirt from a drawer in my dresser. It was black and hugged to my thighs like cheap leather.

"No way." I said, standing, and I started to move away from the witch holding my clothes.

She groaned and grabbed me, "you're not getting away from me. Now, go and change into this. Oh and wear some pretty underclothes if you get me" she said winking.

I held down my vomit as I rushed to the bathroom blushing scarlet. I quickly pulled on the tight tank top and I bit my lip nervously. I actually liked this tank, it just had a habit of showing my cleavage and falling off my shoulder. I stared at the black skirt like it was the villain from an action movie as it rested on the countertop. I sighed, giving in, and finally gathered the courage to pull it on. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and gasped quietly. Wow. I really looked beautiful, but slightly slutty. I left the bathroom and walked into my room quietly. Rowan turned from curling her own hair and smiled.

"You look Hot. H-O-T hot!" She hugged me.

"I guess so, but I hate this skirt. I feel so slutty because if I bend over even a little it shows my entire ass. Can't I just wear jeans" I plead.

She laughed a little, looking me up and down, "yeah, that's kind of the point."

I pout a little at her, "Rowan I don't even feel like leaving the house. Why can't I be warm and wear jeans that make my ass look just as good?"

She sighed a little and nodded before sitting back down at my mirror to finish her hair. I smile a little and pull out my tightest black jeans. I slip back into the bathroom and pull off the skirt and slide on the jeans. After a little bit of hopping about I got the jeans to slide up to my waist and I buttoned them. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and this time I smiled with genuine joy. The black jeans made my ass look amazing and the tank top accentuated my goods as well.

I exited the bathroom, my despair hiding in the chambers of my heart, and I smile at Rowan, "let's go make this douche bag jealous" I said smiling and grab my bag from beside the bedroom door.