Chapter 22 part 1 Volunteer

After the run, everyone was very out of breath. We were all covered in sweat and the afternoon sun was beating down on us all. The humidity that hung heavily in the air suffocated us all and I was grateful for the bottled water Blue Moon had handed out to us after we'd passed the pack house the first time. I had realized after our first run through that the trail wasn't five miles long, so I improvised and told everyone to grab a water bottle and lunch bag as they passed the table the pack had set up. I figured they would have thought we would only do one lap around the trail, and the tables set up were for when we finished. I wasn't going to let everyone off with only one lap, so after everyone had grabbed their lunches I led them through the trail again. I gathered the group and lead them to a shady area to sit and eat our lunch, encouraging everyone to re-hydrate.

"Good job guys. Tomorrow we will run only three miles!" I exclaim smiling, and the sweaty group groans as they get out their packed lunches, sitting on large stones and grass.

I snicker at their pain and head over to Rowan with a big smile.

"Damn. My beat friend is a bad ass." She smirks and wipes away a layer of sweat from her forehead.

I chuckle lightly, "I wouldn't say bad ass but, I do like running and keeping in shape," I say and chug some of my water.

We continue to talk for a bit as someone walks up behind me. By scent, I could tell who it was immediately and I didn't bother to turn around to face him. He reaches out to tap my shoulder and I take his hand and pull as hard as I can. He flips over me and gives an exclaimed cry as he lands on his back in the dirt. Rowan cracks up laughing and Michael growls at her after blinking away his surprised look and dusting himself off. I give rowan a warning look and she backs off to go eat with the others. Michael sits up and looks me up and down, clearly attracted to my new, confident self. I roll my eyes annoyed and help him up.

"You've.... changed." He says, obviously impressed.

I sigh, "do you need something besides a swift kick in the teeth?" I ask in a bored tone.

He shakes his head and some dust falls out of his dark hair, "I was actually just going to ask you a few things before heading back to my office."

I roll my eyes, "no I will not be staying here. Anything else?" I ask turning away.

He stupidly puts his hand on my shoulder again, trying to turn me around to face him once again. How ignorant can he be? I grab his wrist tightly, standing, and spin around his large body, tightly holding it against his back. He gasped in pain as I push on his arm just hard enough to keep it from popping out of its socket.

"Do not touch me. I hate having to feel those stupid tingles and shocks."

I twist harder, "don't touch me again." I grit through my teeth as sparks fly across my hands and up my wrists.

I let go of Michael and notice the confused crowd staring at the scene I had displayed. I smirk as I turn away from the injured alpha and stalk off to my friends. After lunch I gather the group and notice my pack trainers grinning, and I lead the group to a grass clearing near the pack house. Little does Blue Moon know the hellish nightmare coming to them, better known as "Katherine's Self Defense Class." I grin as I stare down the group from a small hill where my helpers also stood. I search the group and, after finally finding her, I smirk devilishly and nod to Emily. She walks to the front of the group and claps to gather the attention of the crowd of hot, sweaty wolves.

"Okay guys, we're going to start our first self defense session of training today. This beautiful work of art," she gestures to me and I smile, "will be your instructor, do exactly as she says to the best of your ability and if you have any questions, flag down one of us."

She points to my assistant group as she talks and they all wave a little. Next, she nods at me handing over the power, and the group's attention. I chuckle as we high five and she recedes behind me. I look at the group, pity bubbling up into my throat, but glee reflecting in my eyes.

"Okay guys. As Emily said, I will be your instructor," I start, when suddenly a sharp voice yells, "but you're a little girl! You probably can't even lift your own weight."

I roll my eyes and call out forcefully, "who said that?"

Silence.

"Well I guess you just don't want a "little girl" kicking your ass in front of your whole pack. I totally get it, male pride can be quite delicate." I call out before smirking and looking around.

Suddenly a tall boy, maybe 15, with spiked beach blond hair races to me from the back of the group. I smirk to myself as he approaches me and I try to guesstimate his weight: maybe 175 pounds of lanky muscle. He smiles at the crowd around him as if he was walking to the stage at an awards show to receive a prize. I almost felt bad for what I knew was about to transpire, but he will provide a good example for the rest of the group. He clearly wasn't paying any attention when I tackled my alpha only a few hours earlier. This kid wasn't close to the large, muscle-packed man I had slept with countless nights; I know I will have to control my weight and power with this one.