Chapter 5 part 2 Soaking Strangers

*****Hello reader! I hope you're enjoying my book! To show your love of my book please vote and comment. Tell me what I should fix!******

School went by slowly, although I found out I was stuck with Sergio in all but two of my classes: gym and geometry. As I walked out the front doors of the building I felt a eyes watching me again. I continued to walk to my car, thinking it was nothing, but I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. I unlocked my door, rushed in quickly, and calmed myself down before I jumped as a quiet tap came from my window.

It had started raining slowly and I looked out my window, slightly hoping it would have been Michael, although I didn't know why. I didn't like him, yet all day I had found myself searching through crowds to find him. I hadn't seen him all day and had secretly been slightly concerned. I looked out the window to see a very wet Sergio, his tight white shirt now almost transparent from the rain and hugged his abs. I stared at his well sculpted body and watched the rain water drip off his brown curls, wondering why he would ever style his hair to hide the beautiful curls.

"So are you gonna let me in or am I walking home?" I heard him ask suddenly, his voice muffled by the rain and the cool window that separated us.

I snapped put of my staring, and realized he had been talking to me the whole time while I stared at his body like a creep. I blushed and unlocked the car before he could come up with some quip about being ruggedly handsome.

"Gee thanks. You know I wouldn't have minded you staring at me like that if it hadn't been raining." He said smirking, making me blush and hit him in the chest with my fist.

"I wasn't staring! I was making sure you didn't have a stain!" I defended myself, and he chuckles lowly as I blush and pull out of the parking lot.

"Where do you live?" I asked quietly.

He laughed, "creepy much?" he mused, looking over at me, and my heart dropped in my chest as I peered over at him,

"Hey, eyes on the road!" He shrieked and laughed as I looked back at the road and my windshield wipers panned across the glass, hurrying the rain water off the surface and onto the side of the car.

I focused on driving and he relaxed into his seat as I smiled and continued to drive,"I live on Lavender Street." he says, looking out of the passenger window.

I had always loved lavender street. Not only for the name but, because of the beautiful lavender bushes along the road; it smelled amazing in the spring and early summers. My mother knew a woman who lived on lavender street and in the spring she used to take me over to play with a girl about my age who lived there. We would collect bundles of the flower and her mother let me take them home to my dad. Every time I smell lavender I remember those warm days with a girl who's name I can't ever seem to remember. It wasn't until after the girl had moved away to a different pack that I had found out my dad was actually allergic to lavender, and he simply accepted my flowers and put them on the table to make me smile.

I pulled into lavender street and looked over, "which house?" I asked as I scanned each house, trying to guess which one was Sergio's.

"The blue one down there." He pointed to a large, two-story, blue house, with cute white shutters and shingles and brown curtains covering the large window on the ground floor.

There was a little girl playing in the front yard as I slowly pulled into the driveway. She was a cute girl, probably four years old with brown, curly, pigtails. She had the same eyes and nose as Sergio, and it seemed obvious the two were related in some way. I waved a little at her as she watched the car pull into the driveway and she smiled at me, waving her little hand.

"That's my little sister, Erin, playing in the rain." He says, not a hint of embarrassment lining his words, and I laughed.

"I'm tempted to join her." I said, and I did want to, but I also wanted to go relax at home after dealing with Erin's older brother all day.

She looked lonely, playing by herself in the weather. She smiled when she saw Sergio step out of the car and she excitedly raced up to him. Sergio picked up the younger girl while she giggled, and spun her by holding her out in front of him. He set her back down onto the wet driveway and I wondered who would've known such a big and scary guy could be so soft. I thought about his strange behavior as I smiled at the girl, and stepped out into the rain, my hair getting wet with rain water after only a few minutes. Erin pointed to me and looked at her older brother, curiosity a spark in her innocent eyes.

"Is that your girlfwiend?" She asked him in an adorable voice that only kids can manage.

I blushed, shaking my head, and Sergio kissed her cheek, murmuring something to her lowly making her giggle. I rolled my eyes and got back into the car, waving as I drove away. I thought about Sergio as I drove home, the rain provided a calm environment for me to think in. I remembered mom and dad would not be coming home that day and I smiled to myself as I drove down my street. I parked in my driveway and quickly ran inside the house slamming the door behind me, my wet shoes squeaking on the wood floor of the entryway. I smiled to myself, excited to finally relax and have alone-time.