Till Death Do We Part

************************************Hello dear reader. I'm so sorry about this chapter taking such a long time to write. Those of you who are more recent readers who have newly discovered my book, you will not notice the amount of time it took to write this chapter. Either way, Enjoy!
Sending Payton to a near by tree and using a branch to hold him in place, I head for the battle. Two rogues went for Michael while his back was turned, so I leaped and attacked.
Grabbing one by the scruff of his brown  furry neck, I flung him to the ground. The other snarled and attacked me as Michael turned around from his current attack in enough time to see me throw a fireball at the rouge. The rouge snarled and clawed at my face as he fell beside me while his fur burned.

I smirked at Michael and continue to resist against the rouge force. Wolves attacking each other, each more ferocious than the last. A battle of fur and blood took over the landscape. I slowly worked my way across the field, picking out all the rouge invaders and pinning Alpha Thomas's men where they stood. It isn't their war. They are just men doing what they have been told. No point in harming any unnecessary men.

The air smelled like fresh crimson blood and sweat, as I sent a tidal wave toward the rouge army. Knocking down many of the fighters, Michael's men charges at the few remaining rogues. I sniffed the air briefly, picking up a sadly familiar scent.

Sergio Mora. He must be the one who brought the rogues here. He must be Payton's back up or worse. Sergio must be in league with Payton in his plan to... catch me? I thought he loves me. But according to the Prophecy, the evil is trying to kill me. Why would he do that? What is there to gain from me dying?

I charge toward the familiar scent, fear in the back of my mind as I search for Sergio. I notice his soft brown hair in an instant as I tackle him to the ground.
"What are you doing here you sadistic traitor?!" I shriek, the war raging on around me.
He gasps for air, " I am just following orders." I grits out from under me.
"From who?!"I shout.

He tries to throw me off his chest, in failing to do so, he only made the situation worse for him.
"Who sent you!" I ask angrily.
"Payton. P-Payton Thomas sent me and my men here." He struggles to say.

Anger and sadness wreck my body is a massive wave. I let out a struggled scream of anger. A shock wave of energy electrifies out around me, as the words he spoke sink in.
Suddenly all is silent, as if the wilderness herself felt my pain and agony. I look around to see everyone on the battlefield, floating, midair.
All seemed frozen in time, as I walked below them. I walk to Payton and stare at him sadly, he had some how managed to get out of my vine and had just started his journey into the battle. I wrap him into a new vine not attached to the tree, and pull him, mid air, back into the frozen battle.

I can't kill him. The prophecy states that I must, but I can't. I don't think I have it in me to kill another person.  Even if it is Patton Thomas,  the backstabbing traitor.  Maybe if I show Sergio,  Payton in my containment, he will stop his rouge force and end the battle. Killing two birds with one stone.
I walk to sergio and touch his soft face,  he won't realize that this has happened when I unfreeze time.  I follow the soft curve of his jaw,  and sigh.  I even loved sergio once upon a time. Maybe I should just stop loving all together.  That would be better than this. 

I close my eyes and concentrate on the unfreezing of time,  and suddenly the confused murmurs of the once fighting soldiers,  breaks the silence. Payton sighs as he realizes his placement and sergio stares at me with confused awe.
"I have your leader.  Call off your men and we can negotiate." I stare at sergio awaiting a response.
"Keep him." Murmurs sergio, clearly baffled.
I stare shocked,  my jaw dropping, "What?" I ask clarifying the situation.
"I said keep him. I don't need him. I just need you." Sergio says like I should have known this,  as if it were obvious fact.
"I see. Well if you don't need him then I guess I'll be on my way back home then,  huh." I slowly turn around and start walking away.