Chapter 20 Escape From Paradise

"Let me go!"

I struggle against the confinement and growl lowly.

"Let me go! Please let me go! Let go of me now!" I yelled furious.

"You have no right to do this to me!" I shriek.

From the other side of the door I hear a low groan.

"It's for your own good. Now stop struggling, you could hurt your wrists. This is for your safety and the safety of others, not your pain." Payton murmurs calmly.

His calm voice fueled my anger as I ripped off the rough rope confinements from my wrists, and I leap off the bed silently. Train me to be amazing, I will be. Even to use it against you. After hanging up from my concerning call to Rowan, I went straight to my closet and packed up all my fighting gear and ran downstairs to one of the SUVs. I tried to leave the pack's territory but Payton caught me mid-way through the pack land and had the twins drag me upstairs to the spare bedroom and tie me to the bed.

The twins hated doing it, they sometimes disagree with how their alpha treats me. Considering I'm not actually Payton's real mate, my pain and anger does nothing to affect his wolf or mood. His real mate, I don't even get know her name, is gone; that's all he will tell me. The pack seems to know, including the twins, but no matter who I asked or how, they wouldn't budge. I practically begged Alec to tell me what happened to his Luna and where she is. He sadly didn't budge, even when I offered him cookies. Payton has been outside the door waiting for me to calm down for a while, and I know it hurt him when he caught me trying to leave. I can't help but feel like I should be allowed to do what I want, but he feels differently. He's my alpha, and as such I have listen to him and do as I'm told.

"This is unfair! She's my best friend! I have to save her Payton! Please, please, please." I beg.

I explained to him that I have to go back to Blue moon to save my best friend. My explanation and pleas did nothing for my cause, he simply ignored me and told me I couldn't go. He had long ago decided that I wasn't allowed to go to Blue Moon, if it was under the terms of taking Michael's head and shoving it places it doesn't belong. He is pretty possessive too so that is probably the real reason I wasn't allowed near my true mate. I groan and while still rubbing my wrists, I survey the guest room. Normally there is a decent size window in every room, I just have to find it.

"Katherine you can't go out there for revenge. I know what he did but, we have to help them. Not hurt them." He says definitively, his voice muffled by the door between us.

I sigh and shuffle around the room silently. That's not fair though. When I told the guys about my old pack and everything, they all went and got all kinds of weapons to kill Blue moon. Hell, Alec went and got a pan and was ready to kill Michael. Yet it was Payton who said maybe I deserved it and warned the guys not to jump to conclusions with only one side of the story. He doesn't know I'm lose yet; maybe I have a chance to escape. Trust me, I know this isn't how mates work. I have the bruises to prove this isn't how mates work, and I have seen the way Emily and Chase are together. But he's better than anyone else would be to someone so weak. He loves me; he doesn't mean to hurt me. He's just a little head strong, that's all, I think. I find a small window in the bathroom and smile. Too easy. I silently unlock the small glass window in the large white bathroom. The guest rooms are pretty nice: marble countertops in the bathrooms, big showers and jacuzzis large enough for a small family. The bedrooms are nice too, a big gray king size bed, soft fluffy carpet, and a nice plum purple setting.Guests from other packs would sleep in the guest rooms while they had meetings or joined pack get-togethers.

I look back at the bathroom and smirk. He won't even notice I'm gone till I'm at least half way there. I look down at the two story jump down to the forest floor. This is going to hurt, I think to myself as I take a deep breath and jump down, pulling my legs up to absorb the shock.
I shake off the pain, my wrist and ankle slightly broken, and shift. Being in wolf form is the fastest way to run anywhere, especially the long journey I have ahead of me. I run in my soft, white wolf form for a few hours trying to shake off the feeling of being watched. Whatever, I'm too jumpy. I think to myself as I weave between logs and large trees.

Soon it's dark and I feel my pack's feeble attempts to contact me through the mind link. No way guys, I'm not going to be that easy. I find a fallen tree and crawl up inside the dead log, still my white wolf. I try not to think of all the gross bugs that could get into my fur, along with the fungus and dirt. The best way to hide from everyone you know is to camouflage yourself, and I had become an expert at this skill. I could use my gift to continue to mask my scent, but I can't keep that up while I slept. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. It could be worse, I think to myself over and over. I could be in Blue moon being beaten, or worse, I could be in Blue Moon with Michael, still being treated like a worthless mut.