Chapter 24 part 1 The Enemy

I slowly gained consciousness as I realized my pounding headache and my entire body felt like I had been used as a punching bag. I tried to measure my breathing as I slowly opened my eyes. First I only saw more blackness, my eyes, as they were already starting to adjust, hurt. As my eyes adjusted to the dimly lit room around me, I noticed that I wasn't in some dank smelly cell; instead I was in a dimly lit bedroom of sorts with dark furniture scattered around me. There was a small window to the right of me, and after scrambling over to it, I realized that it looked to be not only locked but, it also seemed to be early morning outside.

"Well that explains the odd lighting." I mumbled to myself.

I continued to take in my surroundings, and as I began to pull my hands to my sides and I tried to stand from the floor, I discovered the handcuffs around my wrists restraining me to a small bed with red silk covers. I tried to pull the handcuffs off, but only successfully rattled them loudly as they dug into my wrist, my blood slowly inching down my wrist and hand as I jerked as hard as I could. Noticing nothing useful around me but a lamp that I couldn't even reach but really wanted, I sighed quietly.

Where am I? I asked my wolf, who'd been oddly quiet.

Silence

A?

Silence

What happened to her. Why can't I hear her?!

Suddenly, heavy foot falls outside the door next to the head of the bed pulled me from my panicking fit and shoved me into the defensive and critical thinking part of my mind. I'd just have to figure out what happened to my companion later. The large oak door opened after a small metallic click of the doorknob being turned sounded. I quickly collected myself and sat straight, looking at the door with a calm, collected, and calculated expression. A tall dark figure entered the room, not even bothering to look at the young captive in the floor. He shut the dark door and flicked on the light that suddenly brightened the room. I quickly memorized every detail I could of this mystery man while I could see half of his figure from over the bed. He was tall, with dark brown hair, a lean figure, stiff broad shoulders, and a black leather jacket. He didn't seem very old, young really, as his hands were smooth and tan. Around my age... I thought to myself as he turned entirely away from me to sit on the bed, his back to me. I smelled expensive cologne and the leather of his thick jacket, before he pealed off his jacket and the scent hit me as he turned back to face me.

Sergio.

He smiled devilishly and scooted closer to me on the small bed. I stared at him, my mouth agape in shock. He used this chance to smile and move closer, now seated in the middle of the bed looking down at me. I snapped into action and moved as far from Sergio as possible in the floor. How was this even possible? Sergio, sweet, sweet Sergio, here with those men who kidnapped me. What the hell is going on?!

"Sergio?" I whispered, looking at his soft face, taking in every detail.

He smiled like an angel who had descended from heaven above just to see me.

"Katherine. I was so worried they did something to you. Those monsters better not have touched you." He lifted my chin and absentmindedly rubbed my cheek softly with his thumb.

"I'd have to kill them if they touched you." He murmured staring at my confused face.

I shook my head, "n-no they haven't hurt me. What are you doing here?!" I exclaimed.

He smiled, "good, my associates better not have harmed you when bringing you here to me either. I'd hate to have to kill one of my own." He said, shrugging as if it were nothing as he coaxed me to stand and I followed his suggestion.

Associates.. what.. who is he talking about...

"Sergio. You.. what's going on? What associates? You're scaring me." I whispered, confusion lacing my every word as I stared into those brown orbs while he unlocked the handcuffs and I sat down onto the bed.

Acting as if I hadn't spoken at all, he continued, "I had to save you from those monsters. Michael had his chance and lost you, and I saw the way Payton hurt you all the time. He doesn't deserve you either. So that means I won. I get to keep you!" He exclaimed happily, playing with my long hair.

Wait. What?

"Hang on what?! Keep me? I am no one's property. What do you me-" suddenly he was on me, laying my back onto the bed and kissing me heavily.

He kissed me hungrily, as if I were his favorite candy and I was going to disappear if he stopped kissing me. I screamed and tried to push him off me, shoving my hand against his hard, warm chest. He merely used my scream to his advantage as he slipped his tongue into my mouth and deepen the kiss. His hands slid up and down my body hungrily, like my body was the world and he wanted to explore it all. I kneed his crotch and as he yelled and fell off the bed in pain, I got into an attack position on the small bed. A low growl erupted from my throat as he sat up angrily. He lunged onto me, pinning me to the bed. My wrists burned with pain, the wounds I cut into my wrists earlier threatening to bleed once more, but I wouldn't show him the pain he had caused me.

"You're mine! Only mine! You will obey me or you will stay locked away till the day you die. Understand?!" He glowered down at me, his face red with rage.

I growled lowly, twisting and fighting to get away. He grasped my wrists harder, and I contained a wince in pain as he leaned closer to my face. His minty breath fanned my face like an arctic breeze as I glared up at him in anger.

"Understand?" He gritted out angrily.

I could have either tried to escape and eventually died fighting at an old age, or I could have played along with his sadistic mind game and eventually escape a whole lot sooner. I sighed and stopped struggling against him, praying silently he would believe my act.

"Yes. I understand." I mumbled looking down.

He smiled pleased, "good."