Chapter 8 part 1 Anger Management

I eventually forced Sergio to go back to school after his lunch break and I went to take a nap in my room. I awoke to someone impatiently knocking on the front door and I looked over at my clock to find I had only gotten half an hour of sleep. I groaned and hoped whoever had disturbed my sleep would simply leave, but instead who ever it was decided to knock more consistently and louder, the banging echoed through the empty house and into my ears. I finally decided to rise from the bed, annoyed, and walked tiredly through the living room to open the stupid door.

"What?!" I snapped angrily, annoyed they had awoken me from my afternoon nap.

"Jeeze, what were you doing making a-" a low voice started, before quickly stopping, and I looked up, shocked to see Michael standing at my door.

He sniffed the air and growled lowly before pushing past me into my home and standing in the entryway.

"What is with guys barging into my house today!" I shrieked and shut the door hard.

"Who else was here?!" he asked aggressively, turning to face me, practically yelling, and I cowered back away from him.

He noticed my flinch but, didn't seem care, "who was here?!" he repeated, "god, I can smell him everywhere" he murmured, clearly full of rage, as he started looking around the empty living room.

"Why does it matter who I have over at my house? What are you doing here anyway?! Wait, how did you even know I live here!"I asked, distraught that people seemed to know where I lived.

"Looked it up." He replied curtly and looked around in the kitchen.

I sighed and plopped onto my couch in the living room while he scoured the kitchen; there was nothing I could do, he was the alpha's son.

"Who was here?" He asked again, more calmly, as he finally looked over at me from behind the kitchen island.

"Why would I tell you? You just broke into my house" I countered, not even bothering to look over at him.

He glared at me and stalked over to me slowly, "I know you had a male wolf over, now who was it?" he asked again lowly.

I stared at him for a few seconds, clearly unfazed by his power, then looking to the door I reply, "door's over there."

He looked at me angrily for a few minutes, his blue eyes penetrating my soul, but eventually he left after he murmured, "oh and here's your homework," and dropped a folder with papers in it on the table in front of me before slamming the door behind him.

Jeeze why is he so mad? Why does he care all of a sudden who I have over. He thinks he's all high and mighty because he's the alpha's kid. Eh i don't care enough about him and his amazing green blue eyes and dark hair and his perfect lips and his. Jeeze Katherine get a grip! I thought to myself as I stood from the couch and walked over to the door before groaning and locking the door. I grabbed the folder from the coffee table and I went up to my bedroom before sighing as I sat on my bed and did all my homework. Midway through my work, I got a text from Rowan saying she had to cancel on me, further drowning my mood.

I finished my homework and I ate another snack in my room that I had stashed next to my bed and I tried not to be too harsh on myself as I told myself I'm a growing wolf I have a big appetite, and that's okay, no matter what people say to me. I went to sleep around nine o'clock and laid in bed staring at the ceiling. As I laid there quietly, I heard a howl from outside my window and I quickly got out of bed and sat down, opening my window. I smiled as I saw the black wolf sitting at my window patiently waiting for my attention. I petted him, feeling his soft black fur under my hand as I sat in the floor of my bedroom.

A soft Indiana wind blew through the room, rustling my curtains and blowing my hair away from my face. Indiana has always been pretty crazy weather-wise; it'll rain one day and snow the next while the rest of the week would be filled with sunshine. Luckily for me, it was fall so it was still decently warm before the cold winter came. I rolled out my window and laid in the soft, green grass. Small wildflowers stood small but beautifully by my sides as I looked up at the night sky, my hair splayed around my head in the grass. The black wolf came next to me and laid down looking at me attentively. I nervously chewed the inside of my lip a little, still wondering who this guardian was before I smiled a little.

He nudged my cheek with his head, his wet nose leaving a cold spot on my face, and laid more protectively around me. I smiled and curled up with the warm beast and stared up at the stars. When I was younger my father took me camping and it was those quiet nights that formed my love for the stars and nature. Because he was the beta of the pack he didn't have to ask permission to go out to the territory boarders with me and set up camp somewhere. He had found a clearing to the north of the pack land that was perfect for watching the stars, so we made that our place and we visited many times. I looked down a little, sadness spreading through my chest, as I realized we hadn't gone camping in years.

"They're beautiful." I whispered to the darkness, and I felt my wolf protector nod in agreement.

Sitting up, I picked a small wildflower from the group next to my body and laid it on the wolf's large torso, before I laid back down sighing to myself. The events of the day passed through my mind like water flowing through a creek and I wondered when my life had become so hard, and stressful. Why was Michael so mad about Sergio being in my house? Maybe Sergio hadn't been accepted into the pack by Alpha Raider and Michael was mad he had already inserted himself into the school and my life.

"Long day." I said quietly to the wolf, before yawning and closing my eyes.

I slowly drifted off to sleep with my alpha wolf protecting me.