Chapter 5 part 1 Blushing Madness

As the bell rang, signaling the start of class, the final person walked into the cold classroom and my eyes widened as I realized it was the hottie from the hallway. I silently cursed myself for forgetting the name Rowan had told me earlier that morning. I looked over at her and the same surprised expression covered her face as it did mine. He walked into the room, a paper in his hand, and chose, of all the seats, the one next next to mine to sit in. I stared at him, slightly bewildered, as he sat down and turned to me, smirking slyly. I quickly blushed and looked away before he chuckled lowly and Mr. Thompson walked into the room with a hot cup of black coffee in his left hand and his lecture notes in his other.

"Good morning class. I see we have a new student. Everyone greet our new classmate. Let's see-what's your name, sir?" he asked, gesturing for the student next to me to stand up.

He stood up, looked directly down at me and said, in his low husky voice, "hello, my name is Sergio Mora. I'm from White River Valley, and yes, I'm single." He finished, smirking at the end as winked at me.

I got butterflies in my stomach as I blushed and looked away before he sat back down, his chair creaking slightly. He leaned back in his chair and stared at Mr. Thompson, who chuckled slightly before beginning his lecture at the front of the room. I looked down at my lap, trying to avoid a conversation with the guy who had, only a few minutes before, defended me in front of half the school, and my hair fell into my face, hiding my embarrassment. Class continued as usual, a few inappropriate jokes from Sergio aside, and as soon as the bell rang I quickly stood up  from my desk, snapping out of my Sergio devoted thoughts, and I gathered my stuff off my desk. I felt eyes on me as I walked to the door, my hair a curtain to hide my face and I walked through the hall back to my locker. Suddenly, I felt a large, soft hand on my arm, and I looked up to see who the owner was; I was met face-to-face with Sergio Mora.

"Hey beautiful." He said smoothly.

"I, um, uh h-hey." I replied quietly and shyly.

Stupid, now he thinks we're an idiot who is creepy and can't talk! I mentally yelled at myself and I looked down once again, awaiting some sort of nasty remark about my shyness. Instead, a warm hand moved the blond hair out of my face, and tucked it behind my ear. I blushed again and looked up to meet his soft eyes staring down at me.

"So I'm new here, obviously, and it looks like you need friends." He said slowly and smirked at the end.

"Hey! I have friends!" I said and shot him a dirty look as I finished walking over to my locker.

He laughed a deep laugh and I got butterflies all over again.

"I'm kidding, but seriously, where are they if you have so many friends? Tell me you don't mean that-" he paused for a moment looking away, "gentleman that tripped you this morning, right?" He gestured around him as if my pretend friends were going to arrive at any moment to prove him wrong.

"Um, well, they're in class or something." I mumbled, suddenly looking around, wondering where Rowan had gone after class.

"Does someone have some imaginary friends still?" He asked playfully nudging my shoulder with his arm.

I laid my hand on my heart dramatically, faking offense, as I opened my locker and pull out the books for english lit; "Ouch my feelings!" I replied, laughing, and he stopped laughing, staring at me in wonder, his brown eyes widening a little.

"What?" I asked, confused, horrified I had something in my teeth and my laugh faded away. 

He looked at me with a look I couldn't quite figure out as I closed my locker shut, locking it, and began walking down the hall to class. Sergio, without hesitation, followed me down the hall and into the quickly filling english lit classroom. I wondered to myself how he could have possibly memorized his entire class schedule on the first day: he hadn't even glanced at his paper since he entered my first period. I wanted to ask, but I decided not to question it because I enjoyed the company.

"What's that face about?" I asked blatantly as he opened the door for me and I passed him into the room.

I sat down at my desk in the back of the room and put down my books onto the cold desktop. Sergio followed me to the back and sat in the desk to my left after throwing his backpack down on the ground next to his seat, not even bothering to get out a notebook for class.

"Nothing, don't worry about it sweetheart. Ooh lucky you, we have second period together too." He said cheekily and leaned back in his seat nonchalantly.

I looked over at his smiling face, wondering how many classes we coincidentally had together. I found it quite strange that not only did he defend me as soon as I entered the building, but he also had first and second period with me. What are the chances his schedule actually had mirrored mine exactly? There was something about those mischievous brown eyes that I needed to understand; they held a secret for him to hide and laugh at the world because no one would ever understand his secret except him. I wondered if he'd ever share that secret with me, it's not as if I had many friends to tell it to in the first place. The bell rang and my teacher began talking about the plot of whatever story we had been reading the day prior as I wondered about the strange man seated next to me.