Chapter 4 part 2 The New kid

As my alarm went off the next morning, I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I yawned and got out of bed to sit in front of the window; I didn't see any wolves. Was it all a dream? It couldn't have been a dream, I felt the soft fur of the blond wolf as he rubbed against my legs, and the hand that sent tingles across my skin as it brushed my hair off my face while I slept.
I sighed and pushed the thoughts away before getting ready for school. I head through the hallway and into the kitchen to eat and find the breakfast prepared for me earlier that morning resting on the stove; mom had made me eggs and pancakes and left a note on the fridge. The note explained to me they wouldn't be home until the next morning again because the Alpha had urgent matters dealing with rogues slipping into our territory.

I sighed to myself and ate my breakfast in solitude before leaving for school. I didn't see much of parents regularly, they always had an excuse to leave me home alone, whether it was work or helping the pack in some way. I missed them all the time but, as someone who spent most of her life alone after the incident, I had gotten used to the silent mornings eating breakfast at the table. My mother prepared me breakfast sometimes, which made me wonder if they felt bad for essentially abandoning me. I still didn't know what the incident was but, one night after my first shift my parents came home and they said things were going to be different from that day on. They were right, it was the next day that everyone suddenly hated me at school and even my teachers treated me differently. My parents suddenly had work to do all day long and my brother went off to college soon after.

 I turned on the radio and sing along to pull myself from the depressing memories of the past, and think about last night. Who were they? Why were they at my house? They didn't seem familiar, I'd never seen them at pack training days before. But, if they were enemies, then why didn't they attack me? They seemed protective over me, if anything. I parked my car after pulling up into the school parking lot. As I got out of my car, I had the feeling I was being stared at, and I looked around but saw no one looking in my direction. Rowan raced up to me rambling something about a hot new kid and I tried to slow her down to better understand her frantic ravings.

"He's so yummy! His name is Sergio Mora!" She said excitedly.

I walked into the school and noticed a foot in my path a second too late and I tripped over it, falling into the floor. Trevor laughs along with his friends at my embarrassment as I tried to gather my things that had fallen into the floor with me. Strong arms wrapped around mine and they helped me stand up. A low growl echoed through the hallway, bouncing off the metal lockers and concrete floor, and I looked over at my savior. He wasn't familiar to me at all; his dark, brown hair, was styled to perfection while a few little curls snuck out of the combed strands, and he stood around six foot three, towering over me and others in the hallway. The thing that caught my attention the most his beautiful brown eyes. I stared at him as he growled lowly at Trever, causing the group to stop laughing. He must have realized I was staring, because he turned to me and smirked. I quickly righted myself, and stepped away from the gorgeous man.

"Apologize" said a deep husky voice.

I looked up to see who this master piece was talking to, and noticed he was looking directly at, a very shocked, Trevor.

"Wh-What?" Stuttered Trevor.

"You heard me. Apologize to her." He demanded.

I looked at him, surprise written across my face once again.

"Dude, it was hilarious watching that ugly girl fall. I don't think I need-" he began before he was cut off by a strong arm shoving him into the nearby lockers.

"Apologize to this beautiful girl." Said the stranger, in his hot, deep voice.

Wait, what did he just call me? Beautiful?!

I blushed scarlet and touched his arm,"no it's okay, leave him alone. I'm fine." I said quietly, hoping the stranger would back away from the situation before the entire school could brand him as my friend.

He must have been the new kid that Rowan had told me about, though her description was not even close to describing his attractiveness, I didn't want his first day to be the last day of his life that he was actually respected with human decency while in high school, or possibly beyond if he was joining my pack. He looked at me, his brown eyes blazing with fury and I backed away, scared slightly by his clear aggression. Rowan had been watching the scene unfold, standing against the lockers behind me, and she took this moment to grab my arm and pull me further away from the new wolf.

"Let's go to class Rowan." I say and rush away to my first period class as I hear Trever being released and falling to the ground with a heavy thud.

He muttered curses towards his attacker and as I hurried to the first period classroom, I wondered why the new kid would have stood up for someone he didn't even know. Maybe he just wanted to impress me or Rowan, though this theory made no sense because he didn't know either of us. I'm sure he was just trying to be nice, but my life, and his, was going to get much harder if he continued to try to stick up for me. I entered the classroom with Rowan pulling me in-tow behind her and I sit in my usual seat in biology, sighing to myself and pulling out my notebook and pens. Rowan began talking ecstatically about the new guy but, her words merely echoed around me as I thought to myself quietly.