Chapter 17 part 2 New Friends

I walked inside the kitchen door and noticed a girl about my size waiting for me just inside. This must have been Emily, Beta Chase's mate. Emily was pretty, with long, wavy, strawberry blond hair. Her eyes were a beautiful blue green color with eye lashes so long they looked fake. She had the same slim but, slightly muscular, figure I had. She had freckles spread across her cheeks and wore a cross ring on her right ring finger. She smiled a sweet smile at me as I neared the doorway.

"Hi, I'm Emily. Beta Chase's mate. I'm one of the pack's trainers." She stuck out her hand and I slowly shook it.

That was odd, women aren't normally trainers. Trainers are the pack members who teach and train the pack to fight and help the pack up their endurance and agility, alongside their fighting skills.

"Hi. I'm Katherine." I replied slowly and looked past her.

Payton said he needed to talk to me, but I didn't want to be rude to Emily.  She seemed really nice and she was about my age; I secretly hoped she would become my friend if I wasn't kicked from the pack during my meeting with her alpha.

"I'm also in charge of you. I'm supposed to introduce you to the other girls of the pack; get you some friends." She said smiling a little.

She seemed really nice, but who ordered her to be my friend and babysitter? I wondered if forcing me to be friends with the other girls was the best idea; the girls in my old pack weren't the nicest people so I had begun to secretly hate all girls my age.

"Well... alpha said I'm supposed to talk to him, but I'll see you later." I said and fidgeted with my small hands.

She laughed a light, bubbly laugh, "yeah, I'll see you at the fire tonight. We're having a welcome party for you. So you and I will have to get you a party dress when you come back from talking to Alpha Payton." She said and smiled.

I stared at her, surprised they would throw a rogue a welcome party. I came to the decision that I had to go. I couldn't pass up on a party that was specifically for me. I sighed, the stress of being pressured to meet the entire pack while also wondering if I would ever belong getting to me.

"Okay then, I will tell Payton to mind link you when were done talking." I murmured and headed off to Payton's room, or at least where I thought I could smell his scent the strongest.

I found a room upstairs that seemed like the Alpha's quarters and knocked on the hard wood door lightly. Soon after, the dark oak door was opened and standing in front of me was Payton. Shirtless. I squealed and covered my eyes with my hands and turned away.

"Oh my gosh put a freaking shirt on, your mate will kill me! I just got here! I haven't even had a chance to live yet!" I shrieked and turned around completely, facing the hallway I had just walked down.

Payton chuckled lowly and left the door open as he walked deeper into the room to pull on a shirt. I turned around and ventured into his room. I sat on his bed and waited until he finally emerged from the large bathroom attached to his master bedroom. He walked slowly over to me and looked at me. I suddenly felt self conscious, wondering if it had been the right move to sit on his bed. Why was he staring at me like that? It was creepy. I looked away from his almost heated gaze.

"Look Payton. I'm sor-" I began saying.

"No, don't apologize. I understand why you would want to run. But Katherine, I thought we were getting somewhere. You know, you were actually talking. At least I thought so. Katherine you can't just run off; you can just tell me when you're uncomfortable or upset or scared. Don't just run off. Please." He pleaded, taking a deep breath and staring at me pleadingly.

I sighed, his visible vulnerability making me uncomfortable, "well.... no one has ever really... you know. Cared about me. I mean I had my best friend in my old pack, but she's the only reason I'm still alive." I said quietly, looking down at my hands, unable to bear his stare.

He growled lowly, making me jump slightly in fear. I grabbed the red sheets under me in my fists, as I jumped back and I instinctively curled away from his large figure. He looked at me with clear pity and remorse, as I released the sheets from my death grip and took in a deep breath, picking at my fingers nervously.

"They will never lay another hand on you, ever again." He said angrily, his voice sounding scratchy and hoarse as it echoed into my ears.

"I want your permission to allow you into my pack. In other words, do you want to join my pack and become a member?" He asked as he laid his large hand on my fidgeting hands, after kneeling to my level while I sat still on the bed with hunched shoulders.

I look down at our hands, conscious of our touching skin, "yes. Tomorrow night is the full moon, and I can get a white garment when Emily and I go to the mall today. I would like to join your pack, Alpha Thomas"

He nodded and smiled a bright white smile as he kissed my cheek gingerly, completely catching me by surprise. I had just been tackled to the ground by this powerful alpha, and not even thirty minutes later he kissed my cheek and touched my hand; what was going on with him? I was happy to join the most powerful pack in my area, but I admit I had been hesitant to do so. I had hoped this alpha would be different from my last, but the fear of being rejected for my weakness still lingered in the back of my mind.