Chapter 4 part 1 Play with Me?

After a few hours of running around and playing in the woods with the alpha, I headed home, with him quietly following. As we neared my house, I realized he knew where we were going, and this thought scared me. If he knew where I lived then, what else did he know about me? I slowed my pace as we neared my window, and I looked over at the black wolf. He looked back at me with those beautiful ocean blue eyes I'd grown so familiar with, and he licked my jaw, a sign of affection, before running off into the woods. If a wolf could blush, I would have been. I finally got the urge to go into my room to sleep so I shifted back into my human form before reentering the house through the back door, and pulled on a big t-shirt, my underwear, and shorts. I laid in bed and stared at the ceiling.

"Who was that?" I asked myself and looked out the window at the woods.

I saw a pair of glowing eyes staring back at me in the darkness; I sat up and stared back at them, adrenaline and fear coursing through my veins. I got out of bed and sat in front of my window and stared at the beady eyes watching me from the woods. A blond wolf came up to my window and I backed away, frightened. Who was this? Maybe he was a friend of a certain alpha I had spent the evening with. The wolf trotted closer to my window and stared at me intensely, before I moved closer and opened the window, climbing out quietly. The blond wolf licked my hand and whined as I slowly reached out my shaky limb, and the large animal lowered his head, as if allowing me to pet him.

I slowly start to pet the soft fur, wondering who this strange wolf was as it gently nipped at my hand playfully and I giggled quietly. He gave me a wolfish grin before rubbing up against my small body affectionately. Suddenly, a black shadow emerged from the forest, and I heard a loud growl echo around me. My eyes quickly snapped to the figure as it stared hungrily at the smaller wolf, growling protectively. The alpha wolf from earlier stood proudly on all four paws, snarling menacingly at the blond wolf that leaned against me on the ground. Shocked, I jumped back, standing next to my new friend, before taking a step towards the alpha. The blond wolf growled back at the dark wolf just as menacingly from behind me before he stepped in front of me protectively. They both got into fighting stances and I stared horrified at the scene unfolding before me.

"No!" I shout as they both turn to me.

If a fight broke, the blond wolf would never have survived an attack from a powerful alpha. Based on size alone, the black beast could have easily killed my new friend without hesitation. The power radiated off the Alpha, enough to make even me lower my head in respect before the black wolf ran over to us. He jumped before biting the blond in the neck, as fast as lightning; I didn't even have enough to scream. The blond wolf howled in pain and ran off into the woods, wounded, and just as he neared the line between my yard and the woods he took one glance back at me. I watched him, the blood spilling out of his neck and onto the forest floor, before he howled and ran off into the woods. I stared at my powerful alpha friend as he slowly walked over to me, still standing in front of my window.

The wolf nodded towards the open window and I understood his order: go back to sleep. I climbed back into my room and looked behind me at my protector, wondering who he truly was under all the fur and power. I turn to face my room and I slip into my bed, pulling the blankets over my cool body, forgetting about the open window. I closed my eyes, sleep haunting me and my body begging me for rest. A cool wind blew through the room, rustling my curtains and pushing my hair into my face. What felt like a warm, but rough, human hand brushed it away, tucking the blond strands behind my ear as sparks spread across my cheek where his hand brushed my skin. I opened my eyes and looked around the empty room, shocked, only to find myself alone in the night and my window had been closed.

Who was this mysterious black wolf? I know he had to have been an alpha male, the power he emitted confirmed that, as well as his large size. If he was an alpha, then which pack did he run? There weren't many packs in my area but if he was from an enemy pack, that could explain why he came in the night. Wouldn't the night patrol have caught him crossing into my pack's territory? He can't be from my pack, he would have just mind linked me, introducing himself earlier. Besides my pack only had two alpha males, Michael Raider and his father, the current pack alpha. There was just no way Michael would have ever come to my house, let alone in the dead of night to play tag with me.

 It would have been nice to have a new friend, if only I knew his name and where he was from. Why was he so protective of me? It concerned me, not only that the back wolf knew where I lived, but now so did this sweet blond wolf. What was with men appearing outside my window at night? What if they were watching me sleep? I hoped that they had not been watching me change after my showers at night. This fear drew out another question from within me: how long had these men been watching me and why? These questions swirled around in my head as sleep slowly took me captive in its dark embrace.