Chapter 11 Painful Pleas

Did I do that? I stared at the two men as they slowly recovered from whatever pain they had felt. They both just sat on the forest floor, naked to my embarrassment, and stared at me in amazement, their mouths agape.

"What?" I asked and realized I was still in wolf form, and no one could hear my query.

I looked at them both, knowing I wouldn't shift into my human form to speak because, as much as they would enjoy the naked view, I wanted to keep as much of dignity as possible. I tried to look as questioning as possible, hoping they would understand the expression. They looked at each other, as if trying to confirm the experience with each other, then back at me, amazed.

"D-Did you just scream?" Michael asked, confused, with his dark brows furrowed.

I shook my head and thought to myself no silly, I'm in wolf form; I can't scream. Can I?

"No, it was you but, it was in my mind not my ears..." Sergio murmured, more to himself than me.

What no I didn't I thought again.

"Yes you did." He replied and his eyes widened in realization.

"Wait, how did I know you just said that?" Michael asked, budding in.

Woah. Let me change and we can talk in my house, I thought and they both nodded slowly.

Michael shifted back into his wolf while Sergio did the same, and we all ran back to my house. As we neared the building I had grown up in, I ran ahead of the guys and went inside the back door, using my snout and mouth to open the doors, and shifted back into my weaker form. I quickly changed, again, while cursing myself for ruining another set of clothes just to chase a rogue and grabbed a pair of my older brother's basketball shorts for Michael and another pair for Sergio. I walked outside and handed Michael's black wolf the shorts and threw the other pair towards Sergio's smaller wolf before I turned around, allowing them to shift and pull the clothing on.

"What was that?" my future alpha asked quickly and crossed his arms, the ripple of his muscles was drool worthy.

"I have no idea what happened" I mumbled, trying to keep my eyes away from his bare chest and flexed arms.

Sergio stared at us and murmured, "she's the white wolf."

I rolled my eyes, replying with "I am white, so what? We all know there is nothing special about me. If there was I would be living a much happier life," I sighed, pausing my depressing words, and walked back to my door, "go home." I say quietly. I knew they'd heard me, and they both stared at my back, "go, now." I gritted out harshly and walked  inside the house and locked the door behind me.

I went to my room after grabbing a bag of potato chips from the cabinet in the kitchen, wondering where my parents were when I'd needed them most. I sighed and laid in bed eating slowly and quietly, not even bothering to turn on the lights, tasting the salty potato chips, as I fell deep into my thoughts. Life got so crazy so quickly. Michael and Sergio hated each other, yet they didn't even seem to know each other. Michael was the black wolf who'd been coming to my house every night, and even worse he had been sleeping with me at night.

I had gotten that strange text a couple days before, and there had been more recent texts since my not-so-relaxed sick day. The day after I got the first text I got the second one that said, "Afternoon gorgeous, how was school? If you had a bad day, no worries it will all be over soon."
I was freaked out to say the least, what did it mean by "it will all be over soon?" Did that mean they were going to kill me? I didn't even know who the texts were from, and I hadn't any clue what to do about them. I didn't tell anyone about it, though. I was too preoccupied trying to ignore Sergio. The third one was the day previous, just before bed. "Goodnight precious , I hope you have sweet dreams. I dream of you often, about all the fun, amazing things I want to do to you. I'm so excited for the moment when we meet and it all ends."
By that point I had wanted to cry; what did they mean by "it all ends"? I knew if I blocked the number this person would just have continued sending me these messages through a separate number; I knew this because I already tried that approach after the first text.

Then I found out rouges had been stalking me for weeks, along with Michael and apparently Sergio. I slide another chip into my dry mouth, suddenly tired. I tasted the salty, potato goodness as I closed my eyes, and I sighed after I swallowed. My head began to ache as all my worries pounded away in my mind. How was it that I'd gone form being a no body who was picked on by everyone in my life, to having so many people after me, watching my every move. I felt like a mouse in a maze, trapped by Michael, Sergio, rogues, and the mystery messenger. I hadn't heard anything from my parents in a while, though that was normal. What would they have had to say about all this?

 I suddenly wanted to cry, and I rolled over onto my side and set the bag down onto the floor next to my bed. I curled up into the fetal position and let all the confusion and pain finally break inside me. A sob escaped my parted lips as the tears began to spill down my flushed cheeks, and I pulled my shirt up to my face to wipe away the sadness. I laid in the darkness, wishing it would envelop me completely and whisk me away from this world of death and pain and into a realm of silence. I wished so hard to simply be left alone with my aching heart, my throat burning as I sucked in a deep breath to sob once again. My vision blurred with my pain and I willed myself to curl up so tightly I could have disappeared into the blankets forever.