Chapter 16 part 1 The Crew

As promised, I had no visitors, and the clothes were dropped off a couple hours after the Alpha came by. Elana wasn't that bad; she answered all, well most, of my questions. When the clothes had been dropped off, there was a soft knock at the door and Elana went to the door, retrieving the clothes that had been put into a grey plastic bag. I got a quick glance at the person dropping them off; he was tall and muscular, with soft brown hair. I couldn't see his eyes very well at first, but when he turned and caught me leaning off the bed to see him, he chuckled sexily and smiled at me, his brown eyes shining a little. I blushed and tried to wiggle back into bed without falling out of the sheets.

Finally, after Elana got all the pack gossip, she shut the door and handed me the bag of folded clothes. I went into the bathroom connected to my room, and I pulled out skinny jeans and a Taylor Swift t-shirt. I pulled my long hair up into a pony tail with a hair tie that was at the bottom of the bag. I left the bathroom and noticed new people standing with their backs to me. Five men. As I shut the door, they all turned to stare at me, and my eyes widened. Woah. Those are some guys. All were muscular, and all smiled at me and I gulped, silently wondering why there weren't any guys that looked this well sculpted in my old pack. The one closest to me had dirty blond hair and a white smile. He stood around five-foot eight, so he was only a few inches taller than I was. He wore a black t-shirt that defined every muscle, and he wore a silly smile as he laughed at me. A man to my left had a red t-shirt and was around five-foot nine. He had shaggy, brown hair, and light brown eyes. He gave me a crooked smile as another man about his height that had been speaking lowly, hit him on the shoulder before turning to me realizing I had exited the bathroom.

 The third man looked exactly like the second, but with a mischievous spark in his eyes. He shared the other's brown hair, and they had the same small nose and articulate jaw line.
The fourth man to my right, had on a gray shirt and had matching gray-green eyes. He had bleach blond hair, and was around five-foot seven; he gave me a soft smile. I noticed Alpha Thomas was the fifth man in the huddle and unease filled my stomach. I looked around and maneuvered my way back to my bed. I sat down and stared up at the men in my room.

"Katherine. These are my.... associates." Alpha Thomas said slowly.

The bleach blond raised his hand a little, "I'm Kyle" he said in a quiet voice.

The first brunette I'd noticed when I exited the bathroom walked straight up to me and smile sticking out his hand. I shook it slowly, "I'm Erin, and this doofus," he gestured to the other brunette, "is my brother Alec."

Alec smiled, "I saw you earlier."

It donned on me that he was the guy I'd seen earlier, who dropped off my clothes. I blushed at the memory of getting caught trying to size up Alec and looked away briefly. Alec laughed, clearly remembering the incident a few moments earlier, and his brown hair fell into his eyes.

"Nice to meet you two. Um are you..twins?" I asked slowly.

They laughed and nodded; once I could see them more clearly as they stood next to each other, I noticed that Alec had green eyes, not brown like his brother.

The dirty blond in the front spoke next, "I'm Jordan" he said and looked over at his alpha.

Alpha Thomas nodded and shooed everyone out of the room before speaking, "Katherine I need to know more. Where are you from; were you kicked from your pack or did you commit a crime? If you lie to me, I will find out. I need to keep my pack safe; they come first. I cannot allow an intruder to be welcomed into my pack without knowing everything I can first."

Suddenly awful memories flooded my mind and I looked down to my lap, biting my lip. I worried if I had told him the pack I ran from he would try to return me, but if I told him I didn't want him to know anything about me I would be left to die alone in the woods. I had only spent about two days total out in those woods, but living without a warm shower or a bed, and worrying about being killed while I slept made me anxious.

"I have to know Katherine" he said quietly and slowly walked over to my small bed where I sat.

His large figure sat on the edge of my bed, and I watched as he turned to face me. I swallowed my fears and took in a deep breath, hoping Alpha Thomas wasn't as vicious as everyone had told me.

"I'll tell you, but only if you promise not to kill me after. I promise I'm not a threat to your pack, I just seek shelter if that's an option for me here" I said quietly, offering knowledge in exchange for safety.

 Alpha Thomas nodded and looked at me expectantly, and I looked away from him to gather the strength within me to relive the past few days. I closed my eyes and began to tell my story, beginning with the night I witnessed the mass murder of half my pack. He sat quietly, only asking a few clarifying questions when necessary, and took in the information I provided him. I left out the part about being a white wolf, because many alphas had sought a white wolf to make their packs stronger, and I didn't want to become a trophy when truly I was a disappointment.