Chapter 15 Alpha?

I woke up, my head pounding and my eyelids heavy. There was a strange beeping noise to my left, and I groaned softly. I tried to peel my eyes open slowly and they crack open hesitantly. I groaned again through my dry throat. A bright light flooded my vision, and I quickly shut my eyes again. A rustling sound made its way to my ears from somewhere in the room and suddenly someone appeared at my side. I felt eyes on me as well as cold, clammy hands on my wrist, taking my pulse. I took a deep, hard breath and slowly opened my eyes and squinted, allowing my eyes to adjust to the lighting.

I search around the white, plain hospital room, wondering what had happened after I had blacked out in the stream. I looked around the room, taking notice of every detail I could in my surroundings. I suddenly noticed the brunette woman sitting next to me, her hand still on my wrist sending goose bumps up my arm. I licked my dry and cracked lips slowly, my mouth feeling as dry as cotton. I parted my lips trying to ask for water, and the woman seemingly noticed what I needed and reached over to the light wooden side table. She handed me a plastic cup of water and I slowly downed the entire cup, the cool water coating my throat and mouth.

"Thanks." I said slowly.

She poured me more water in the small cup with a pitcher that had sat on the side table, and placed it back on the side table beside my bed before saying, "you're welcome miss..."

"Katherine" I finish for her; I didn't want her to know which pack I ran from in case she tried to return me.

I continued to look around the room. On the far wall stood paintings of boats or oceans. On the wall to my left was a medium sized window where I could see a small patch of grass and a forest just beyond the grass. The burgundy curtains were drawn back, allowing beautiful sunlight into the room. The wall to my right had a small bookcase built into the wall filled with books for patients to read. The dark grey, metal door stood tauntingly on the opposite side of the room. If my legs hadn't ached so badly, I'd have stood a chance to escape. I'll have to think of another way out.

"Where am I?" I asked quietly, staring at the door.

The woman stared at me for a moment and looked down, "you're in the Crescent Moon pack hospital" she murmured.

Crescent moon. Not crescent moon. I suddenly struggled to sit up in the bed and tried to run to the door, the nurse grabbing my wrist tightly. I can't be here. No, no I can't be here. Crescent Moon was the most powerful, and feared pack in the country. They'd kill me if I couldn't provide them a good enough reason for entering their pack territory. The woman gently laid me back down.

"No no hey hey calm down, it's okay. You're going to be okay. We won't hurt you. Stay still. You're going to rip your stitches." She said slowly and calmly.

I calmed down and stared at her, "who are you? Why am I here, what do you want with me?" I asked, shooting questions like bullets.

She grinned and stuck out her hand, and I hesitantly shook it, "I'm Elana. Elana Brownrig. You're here because you suffered an awful fall and blacked out. I don't want anything with you. I need you to recover."

Suddenly Elana sat up attentively, "Alpha Thomas, he's coming. Please don't be scared." She said quietly and pushed me to a laying position again.

"What?! No I can't be here, he wants to hurt me. No!" I realized soon after, that I had only thought those things and never actually said them.

Suddenly heavy foot steps approached the door and my heart rate spiked. The beeping monitor beside me started beeping faster with my heart and the fear took over. There were only awful stories about alpha Thomas. His father and mother died in war ten years before, when he was ten years old. So naturally the alpha position went straight to him. He had been alpha for ten years and the pack's reputation grew with him. He'd been known for his gruesome wars; he'd never lost a battle. All his pack did was train and fight; I'd heard training started when a wolf was at the ripe age of 6. He's a murderer. Everyone feared him, and I was about to meet him.

The door to the hospital room opened and a big muscular man walked in. I took the chance to stare in awe; he had strawberry blond hair, deep green eyes like a lake. He stood around six feet tall and every move he made sent a ripple of muscle through his body. His hair looked so soft I just wanted to run my hands through it. I shook these thoughts away, deciding I couldn't be thinking this way about my captor, and especially this one. I straightened my back and stared at the wall as he looked over at me.

"Ah, I see our sleeping beauty has awoken. Good." He said lowly.

I involuntarily shuddered, his voice a low baritone, low and husky, emitted power. I bit my lip and he looked away from me to the nurse.

"Yes alpha. Although I haven't had the chance to talk to her." Elana said, quietly bowing her head, in a sign of respect.

Alpha Thomas nods.

"Well figure her out," he looked at me, "I'm curious" he said and sat by my small bed in one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs.

He stared at me intensely and I held my breath. His eyes fanned over me like knives. I felt so bare, like he could see through me like glass. I shivered under his icy gaze, but tried to maintain my dignity, keeping my eyes on the wall in front of me.

"I'll need to get you some clothes. My sister has some you can borrow" he murmured, more to himself than to me.

He straightened his back and his eyes turned a dark gray, a sign that he was mind linking a pack member. Werewolves have pack links, mind links; it's basically where any pack member can communicate with another member through mind communication. Alpha Thomas suddenly stood up from the chair next to my bed and stalked over to the door.

"I must go. Oh and Elana?" He said slowly.

"Yes alpha?" She asked quickly, turning from me to look at him.

"Keep her here. No visitors. No one but I am allowed to see her. I'll drop off her clothes later. She is to be dressed in a couple hours. I have some pack business to attend to in the meantime" he stalked out of the room, not even giving me a glance, and the door shut softly with a metallic click.

Elana sighed and looked over at me, "meet alpha Thomas."