Chapter 10 part 1 Rogues

I stood staring at them for what seemed like forever, while they both looked back at me silently. Sergio began to take a step towards me and Michael then took a step towards him hissing threats. My eyes remained on their faces, my gaze passing between the two traitors as adrenaline pumped hard and fast through my veins. My heart began to pump quickly and my hands shook at my sides as Sergio shot Michael an angry glare and took another step towards me. He raised his hand in front of him, as if saying he meant no harm, while the other hand went to his intimate area to hide his member.

"Kat, listen, every thing is fine. I'm s-" Sergio began to explain and Michael angrily cut him off with a shove to the chest.

"Oh don't pretend you care about her. You let people bully her every day. Her life is hell because of you," Sergio yelled at Michael, earning him another shove.

Their words echoed around my ears but I stood still, unaffected by the muffled words that rang out around me,  as Michael looked over at me murmuring, "you weren't supposed to find out."

I sucked in a deep breath as they both tried to step towards me again and Sergio called out to me, "Kat? Kathrine are you okay?"

When I finally got my legs working again, I ran for my life; I didn't even try to be quiet or ask them questions about the situation I had found myself in, I just ran. Panicked thoughts raced through my mind as I ran: Michael is the black wolf, Michael is the black wolf. Oh my gosh. Michael is the black wolf.  Michael was the wolf who I played with in the woods that first day, Michael was the one who came up to my window and held me all those nights. Michael was the one who fought with Sergio that night and sent me to bed.

Sergio.

Sergio was the blond wolf that had tried to visit me. What the hell had been going on behind my back?! Tears streamed down my cheeks as I continued to run home; Oh no. Michael is the one I've been sleeping with almost every night too. He's the one who wraps his arms around me when I fall asleep. He must have been the one who carried me to my room every night too. I thought about all this as I ran as hard and fast as I could and I jumped over a large log shifting midair, not caring about my clothes anymore. My house fell into my line of sight just as I heard heavy foot falls behind me, and I turned to look behind me and saw both wolves running at me, full speed. I used my powers to run even faster for the final stretch and I ran to my window before diving into my bedroom, trying to not slam my large head into the glass. I quickly shifted, using the curtains to hide my naked body, and slammed the window shut before pulling the curtains closed.

Panting for air I got dressed in a flash, quickly opening my drawers and slamming them shut as fast as I could, before I ran to the back door and looked outside in my large t-shirt and shorts. Both large wolves panted heavily from the run and growled at each other, both probably blaming the other for my being frightened and departure, their powerful jaws snapping at one another as they snarled threateningly. I stared at them, motionless, suddenly spiteful and confused. Why had they both been coming over to my house to see me? Michael was especially confusing, because clearly he'd hated me. He had never come to my house before that day when he brought me my notes, which he had never done before either. Why did they come to my house as a wolf, with all the mystery, while also coming by during the day in person? Maybe Sergio would have revealed himself to me that night if Michael had not attacked him.

They both perked up suddenly, as if hearing something important from the forest before Michael growled and ran back into the woods, Sergio staying behind. Sergio walked slowly, almost shamefully, over to the back door where I stood and laid down in front of it as if protecting my home. What did they hear that would cause Michael to back down from a fight and run away into the woods? He was a soon to be alpha; he didn't back down for anything. But if he ran then... why did Sergio stay? I sighed to myself and walked back to my room, opening the curtains and watching the forest. I silently awaited my future alpha's return while assessing my situation. I wondered if things would change for me now that the Alpha's kid was being nice to me, but maybe that had been why he had only come to see me at night: he didn't want to be associated with me. Then why come at all?

An hour or so later I noticed a dark shadow materializing from the forest slowly. The sky had begun to get darker, the sun setting behind the horizon, and Sergio was still laying at his post by the back door. As the shadow emerged from the darkness, Sergio quickly sprang onto his paws and growled protectively. The dark shape fully exited the shadows and I noticed it, not only, was Michael but that, he was dragging something along with him. I gasped quietly, my hand flying to my mouth, in realization as he dragged a dead rouge over to Sergio at the back door. Sergio analyzed the body before he shifted to his human form and I averted my eyes to Michael. He had also shifted to his human form and was kneeling by the body, his toned legs bent over the rogue. Though he wasn't looking at the body: he was looking up at me as I stared at him from my bedroom window.