Battle Ready

After two days straight of rigorously training, John had agreed to give me a bit of a break. By making me run all the way to the top of a near by hill and have a decent lunch. When he said break, I ran back into my room and changed into a white sumer dress. Then he told me what he actually meant. Apparently hiking is considered a "break" to John.

Training with John these past couple days has been great, in all honesty. I mean, not only does he know what he is talking about because he's a shaman. He is kind, and Linda is here to help me learn too.
The older couple have been like the parents I never had, honestly. They care about my safety, always telling me to take a break when all I want to do is keep going till I get more hurt.

Now here I am, battle ready, and prepared for the worst. John says he feels that the people hunting me are close. Very close. I feel it too. Inside I feel this pull, a pull of darkness I guess. Whatever it is, it's close.

I finish my lunch and stretch, taking in the sweet oak wood air. Soft green grass surrounding me as I pull my legs up to my chest one at a time to loosen them. After stretching myself out, I run all the way back to the cabin.
As the cabin I've been staying in for the past few days, the home of my dear friends, comes into view. I gasp, large flames stretching their long raging arms out of the burning cabin. I fall to my knees with a cry, the dark ashes, like flurries of death, floating in the air.

Tears roll down my ash stained cheeks as I stare in horror. Figures emerge from the ashes, like avenging angles. I quickly rush and dive behind a tree. I gasp for air as I try to stop the tears. Anger. Hot raging fire running through my veins. I summon all the water and air around me as I stand.

Turning to face the enemy and the burning cabin, I reach out for everything surrounding me. I feel my eyes, burning a raging fire of their own, turn blue as the ocean, as I feel the earth below me rumble. Shaking with power, I summon all the water I can and surge it to the burning cabin. A huge tidal wave of liquid surging to the mass of fiery flames.

*******†***Payton's POV******†******
I stare with a hungry gaze, as my men light the cabin on fire. A huge ghastly flame surging up into the smoke filled air. I smile as ash rains down to the earth.
I personally questioned the elderly couple. They wouldn't tell me anything, they acted as if I couldn't smell her scent all over the cabin. So I shoved them outside and made them watch as I burn down their kingdom.
The old man seems to be a shaman of some sort. The older woman seems pretty normal to me. Other than the few unholy words they called me, they seem pretty harmless.

"Alpha Thomas. We found something." Chase, now my main resource. 
"What is it?" I snap. They better have found Katherine. I've been without her for too long. Besides, I hate my conversion with Sergio Mora. He seems to just be insane. He doesn't really seem to be all there. He acts like I would actually let him have Katherine ever. I only agreed to this whole crazy plan, because I needed the help getting her.

Chase leads me to a small grassy area. Spray painted circles and targets littered the grass. Katherine's scent laid heavily here.
"Even when on the run, she keeps in shape." I chuckle a little at my little flower. That's one of my nicknames for Katherine. She hates it. Considering she is anything but small and harmless.

Chase and the others chuckle a little too. The twins didn't want to come. After our last fruitless efforts to find her, they couldn't take it anymore and decided to go home in solace. It was kinda sad. I love my pack so much, we're a huge family. When the pack discovered Katherine's disappearance, everyone was so upset. Their beloved Katherine, gone. I had no trouble finding people to search for her.

Suddenly the ground began to shake. Hard, violent shakes of rage. My men and I tumbling to the quaking earth. How can there be an earthquake here?! There are no earthquakes in Indiana.
The older couple wore grins of mischievousness. Almost as if they know what's going on.
"What is this shaman? What's going on?!" I shriek as another tremble of the earth shook.