Chapter 8 part 2 Avoidance

I awoke in my bed, my blankets tucked in around me, and I looked around the empty bed room. I fell asleep in the yard last night with the black wolf; he must have taken me inside and tucked me in after I fell asleep. I didn't know how to feel, knowing a stranger was in my room, a naked one at that. I had realized after the first time we had slept together that he clearly had been naked after I found myself in bed I knew he had to have shifted to tuck me in. I didn't recall seeing him carrying clothes with him when he came to me last night, and a blush crept onto my cheeks as I imagined a handsome, and very naked, man carrying me into my room. I yawned and got out of my bed before making it neatly. I took a short, hot shower, and I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt. I sighed, the stress of the day already getting to me, as I laid down onto to neatly made bed. I needed to find out who the wolf was, he seemed sweet and he had made me feel really protected and safe.

I headed through the living room and into the dimly lit kitchen and poured myself a bowl of cereal. After quietly eating my cereal and putting the bowl in the kitchen sink, I grab my bag and keys before heading into the garage and starting my car. I pulled out of the driveway and drove to school sluggishly, becoming entranced by my thoughts and anxiety. I really didn't want to face school again and all the abuse I knew I would suffer. I wondered how Michael would react to me showing up at school again, his anger the day before had confused me so much. Michael had flipped out on me when I was absent from school, would he be glad to see me back where I was supposed to be? When he smelled Sergio's scent at my house he was so angry, but I wondered why it had mattered so much.

Sergio.
Just his name gave me butterflies.

I shivered to myself thinking about the way his gaze on me made me feel, and parked my car in its usual spot. After getting out of the car and grabbing my backpack I sighed to myself, and walked into the large, grey school building. I got the usual comments about my bad looks from the group of girls that always hung out in front of the main doors, and I stared down at my feet in shame as I suddenly hit a warm brick wall while trying to walk to my locker inside.

"Excuse me, sorry" I mumbled submissively to the person I had clumsily ran into.

Strong arms wrapped around my small torso, "no, it's fine. It's just me Kat" I heard a familiar deep voice say and adrenaline began to surge through my veins as my anxiety ramped to a high.

"Sergio" I mumbled, more to myself, and pulled away from him before straightening myself out; after a few seconds I continued walking to my locker silently with Sergio in tow behind me.

"Do you need something, new guy?" I asked sharply as I opened my locker and began pulling out textbooks, remembering how angry Michael had gotten the day previously when he realized I had a man in my house and wondered how long it would have taken him to have figured out it was Sergio.

Sergio looked at me as his brows furrowed, "no?" he replied, confusion lacing his deep voice.

"And you're here why?" I asked sassily; I hated to push him away but I had to if either of us wanted a normal school experience from then on.

"Because I'm your friend, duh, silly." He said and smiled looking down at me, his brown eyes shining expectantly.

"No we're not. You're the new boy who needed help. You don't need my help anymore so go make some friends." I snapped harshly at the poor guy standing next to me.

He stood there, staring at me shocked, and I flinched awaiting the punch, slap, or yell of anger, but he instead hugged me; "what are you-" I started to say before he cut me off.

"Katherine, what's wrong?" He asked quietly as his voice was muffled in my hair, and I wondered how many people were staring at us hugging in the hallway.

"N-Nothing" I stuttered and silently cursed myself for showing weakness to the enemy.

Sergio pulled away slightly to stare at me thoughtfully before letting me go, and I look around the hallway for anyone who would snitch to Michael about us, and found us alone. I must have been so focused on Sergio's arms around me that I had missed the bell ringing to signal first period's start. I looked back up into his brown eyes to find anger, quietly brimming to the surface.

"What is it?" He asked, more harshly and aggressively this time.

I flinched away at his anger and slammed my locker shut loudly. I could feel Sergio's concern and confusion before I rushed away to class which, sadly, I shared with him. I spent most of my day avoiding eye contact and steering away from Sergio at every turn possible, and Rowan clearly noticed my odd behavior but hadn't asked anything about it. I didn't want to desert him, hell, I loved Sergio in a way. If I didn't do this, it could mean serious trouble for Sergio and I later. Besides what could I have possibly meant to him anyway? I thought he had been nice to me because he pitied me; if I avoided him then he would have had no choice but to make new friends. I couldn't handle the image of him being treated badly because of his association with me that continued to flash into my mind all that day.

****Hey there! Enjoying the story I see. Well, I happen to love myself a good mystery. Who do you think will get Katherine in the end? Michael? Sergio? Or will Katherine be her own woman and decide she doesn't need a man?
Comment below!!*****