Chapter 7 part 1 Free Day

I spent the day lounging around the house, watching television and eating whatever I could find in the kitchen. If I was going to have a day off from school, Michael, and Sergio, I was going to do my best to enjoy it. I planned to go for a run later to get some exercise and stretch out my muscles after spending the day coped up in the house. I would have invited someone to join me but, Rowan didn't like exercise unless it was required by our Alpha. I texted Rowan earlier that morning after I had changed and let her know I wasn't going to be coming to school that day. She immediately called me, knowing how rare it was for me to miss school, and I told her all about the strange text I'd received.

Rowan and I had planed for her to come over after school so we could discuss our plan of action for the next day. She didn't have any ideas of who the mysterious messenger might have been, but she was just as concerned about it as I was. It may have seemed like such a small thing, but honestly it scared me badly. I had slowly become the pack's rage output, mostly when I was at school or out in public alone. I was concerned it was some kind of horrible prank where I would have been fooled into thinking a guy from the pack was interested in me and something embarrassing happened instead. I didn't trust anyone in my pack, and for good reason. I was called awful names and blatantly beat around some times by my classmates. A good example being the incident in gym class the other day when Trever tried to take my head off with a dodge ball. He gave me a concussion and the teacher let him go back to the game as I was taken to the nurse. No one had even asked if I was okay after, they simply continued with their lives as if it had never happened.

It's hard to think back to the beatings I received during training days. When it was my group's turn to use the training grounds once a week I was always the 'example' that the leader of the group would use to beat on. Any time we learned a new move I was always the test dummy; I never got to even train myself. One time during a training session a girl about my age, one of the cheerleaders, practically begged to be my partner. This was unusual because most times people refused to be my partner because no one wanted to be seen as my 'friend.' She started the round as if she didn't know how to do the move and when I turned to get the leader's help she executed the kick perfectly, throwing me backward, causing me to fall to the ground and break my arm.

Everyone had laughed that day when I stood up, tears falling down my face and my arm already bruising a dark purple and blue, and the training leader sent me to the pack doctor to get some herbs and medicine. I told my parents about the whole thing but when they tried to talk to the Alpha about it, he simply said I needed to be more careful when training.  After a few more incidents like that I stopped going to training to avoid the injuries and snarky remarks and no one said anything about it to me. It's almost as if they were trying to get me to quit so I could get out of the way, and Alpha Raider did not mind obliging them and stopped requiring my attendance. I know other people had joked about how my group had been the weakest one because I was in it, and as much as I had tried to now allow their mean jokes get to me, they did. I still didn't know what horrendous grievance I had committed to deserve this treatment, and not a soul thought I needed to.

It was very strange for me, a misfit and outcast, to get a text from anyone besides Rowan or my parents. I felt a creepy text was a good enough excuse to miss school, it wasn't as if anyone would even notice my absence. It was unlikely that I would fall behind in my classes, I had perfect grades, I wouldn't miss much I couldn't handle. Around lunch-time I heard a soft knock at the font door and I paused my show before standing. Curious, I opened the door expecting rowan, and I looked down to fix the welcome rug that had gotten crumpled.

"Miss me much?" I asked smirking, while looking down trying to fix the rug with my foot.

"Not at all." I heard a deep voice reply.

Shocked I back away from the door and look up at the large figure standing in my door way, "Sergio I, um, oh, I uh-" I stuttered, clearly shocked.

He chuckled and hugged me quickly, drowning me in his potent cologne.

"I missed you a lot; don't worry little miss skipper." He said laughing.

I stood there in the door way, shell shocked, my hand still resting on the door knob. Did he just hug me? Did he just tell me he missed me?! I exclaimed to myself as I stared at him in surprise. I retreated away from him, staring still at his handsome smile. He took this chance to check me out, nodding a little to himself, before walking into my house.

"Nice place." He said nonchalantly, walking into the living room.

"Hey! You can't just walk into my house uninvited!" I replied, and shut the door.

He plopped down onto the couch and stole a chip from my bag as I shot him a glare. I sat down next to him and quickly stole my bag of potato chips back from the annoying thief.

"Jerk." I muttered under my breath, "why are you here? School is in session right now, unless you creepily took today off because of a suspicious text too."

He stilled beside me and looked over at me, confusion and worry painted across his face.

"What text?" he asked lowly, his eyes boring holes into mine.