4: Noise

"Noise"
Chapter Four
--------------------

I groaned as my eyes peeled open, all i wanted was to fall back asleep and finish the dream i dont even rember. I hopped out of bed and slipped my bunny slippers on, ive had them since i was ten and i wasnt planning on getting rid of them anytime soon. I quickly combed through my knotted hair then walked downstairs.

"Hey honey did you wa-" my mom said but stopped talking when she looked at me. What the heck?

"Whats on your nose.. or in your nose...?" she said her eyes seeming to burn into my nose.

"I kinda sorta got my nose pierced.." i said looking down at my feet. I had completely forgotten i had pierced my nose.

"Why would you ruin your perfectly fine nose?" she asked her voice showing that she was clearly angry.

" i think it looks nice..." i said scratching my arm awkwardly.

"Youre going to take that out right now." my mom said with fire in her eyes.

"Luke has a lip ring and you dont care." i whined her expression becoming harder.

"Luke isnt my child." she stated placing her hand on her hip.

"He will be." i whined once again.

"Ambrosia Anne you are taking it out right now. No butts." she screamed at me stomping her foot.

"Fine." i huffed then i turned around and stomped upstairs.

-

Here i am in the bathroom staring in the mirror only now realising i have no clue how to take this thing out. I had tried pulling and twisting it, bad idea, and now im sitting her helplessly staring into the mirror praying it will just come out on its own. But i know it never will.

Then it dawned on me, Luke had a piercing and he most likely knew how to take them out. I tiptoed out of my room and down the the room with the door labeled ' do not enter '.
I lifted my hand then gently pushed the door open, revealing Luke hunched over on his bed with a guitar in his lap. Just as the door creaked open his eyes snapped up and a confused look crossed his face.

"I need your help." i said awkwardly rocking back and forth on my feet.

"With what exactly?" he asked, clearly annoyed but i couldnt blame him i clearly interrupted something. I took my pointer finger and pointed to the stud in my nose, earning a chuckle from him.

"I told you she'd freak, she doesnt seem like a piercing type of gal." luke said setting down his guitar and walking over to me. "Now what did you want."

"I cant take it out.. I dont know how." i said looking at him with hopeful eyes.

"Oh, thats easy." he said as he began to move closer to me until we were intches apart. He reached his hand up and grabbed the stud.

"This might hurt a little since its fresh." he mumbed as he began messing with the piece of medal in my nose. I winced in pain as he turned it then pulled. i felt a single tear trinkle down my cheek, which he wiped away. Then i heard a strange popping noise causing Luke to smile. He pulled his hand away the diamond stud rested inbetween his thumb and pointer finger.

"Done." he said as he handed me the stud, i gave him a nod then turned around and made my way to my room.

×

I awoke with a groan. How can it already be morning? I looked over to my window to see it was still dark out then i squinted at my clock to see it was 2:35. What had woken me up?

Then i heard it. The faint hums of a guitar from the room across the hall. I huffed as i rolled out of bed then slipped on my slippers. I made my way across the hall to the room that holds the guitar hum.

As i got closer to the room i realised that it was more than just a guitar. There was faint singing too. Why did Luke have to listen to the radio so early in the morning?

I pushed open his door to see Luke with a guitar in his lap and papers scattered all over his bed. So he wasnt listening to the radio... He was singing.

"Can you quiet down?" i asked causing him to snap his head towards me. I swear i could see the faintest blush on his face, but i thought nothing of it.

"Im not making any noise." he mumbled staring down at the scattered papers on his bed.

"You were." i said leaning against the frame of the door with my arms crossed over my chest.

"Well im not now am i..?" luke asked me. Smartass.

"You were." i huffed again scowling at him.

"But im not now. Can you get out of my room?" he said as he rolled his eyes at me.

"What are you doing?" i asked ignoring his previous question. Part of me wanted to stay because i knew i wasnt going to fall back asleep.

"Talking to the world's most annoying girl." Luke snickered as he scratched his nose.

"Thank you.. thank you, I try." I giggled taking a bow then returning to my previous position on the door frame.

"Haha. Very funny." Luke huffed as he shuffled all his papers together leaving them in a neat pile atop his blue blanket.

"Now get out." Luke scowled at me as he pointed to his door, which caused me to frown.

"Rude." i mumbled before i turned around and walked back to my room with my head hung low.

--

I awoke to the sound of my door slowly creaking open. I let out a small groan as i opened my eyes to see Luke. He was already dressed with his hair flat against his forehead.

"What the freak do you want." i mumbled as i rolled over hiding deeper inside my pillows.

"Your mum wants me to take you out shopping." he said cooly as he leaned against the doorframe. "So hurry the fuck up."

"Language." i growled at him as i sat upright in my bed pushing the covers down my legs. By now, luke was already gone and my door was closed so i pulled myself out of bed and got ready for the day.

----------
I cut off this chapter because it was gettin a lil longg sorry.