19: kissing on the kitchen floor

Chapter Nineteen

"Kissing on the Kitchen Floor."

When my mom and I returned from the mall, with shopping bags in clutch, I had only one thing on my mind, Luke.

I had made up this whole plan in my mind about confronting him about this Michael guy and why he needed to leave in the middle of the night, or should i say very early in the morning, to meet with him. The whole thing was all too sketchy for my liking.

But when i saw Luke my whole plan flew right out of place.

He looked exhausted and worn out, his body looked as if it was thrown carelessly onto the couch and his usual quiff was thrown about every which way. As soon as I saw him, I felt pity for him and I knew i couldn't just confront him, or at least not until he was in better shape.

I slowly made my way over to him after my mom went upstairs to do some cleaning.

"Hey." I said quietly as i made my way to the couch he was laying on. I pushed his legs further into the couch to make room before i sat down and began lightly rubbing his back.

"Hey." He replied, his voice groggy with tiredness.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He said blankly, staring ahead of him.

"Is there anything I can get for you? You look tired." I said in a rush, getting up off the couch in prepare to grab advil or any type of medicine that would help him.

"No. Can you just lay with me?" Luke asked as he looked up at me with a pout.

"My moms home..." I began only to be cut off by Luke.

"Just for a little."

"Okay." I told him quietly before climbing back onto the couch and resting my head on his chest as Luke's arms snaked around my waste.

We stayed like that for awhile. Luke ended up falling asleep with his arms still firmly wrapped around my waist. I can't complain though I liked cuddling with him like this, out in the open and not locked away in his room.

Eventually I decided I should take a shower and get ready for bed, since tomorrow was the long dreaded day, the first day of school.

I slowly wiggled out of luke's arms, careful not to wake him, then made my way upstairs to the bathroom Luke and I shared.

I stripped myself of my clothing, leaving them in a pile on the floor, then turned the water on. Then i carefully stepped inside the shower, allowing my body to become submerged in the falling water.

It was so relaxing, the hot water flowing like streams down my skin. I had almost forgotten how much showers actually calmed me down.

After I was done with my shower, i brushed my teeth and shaved my legs. The usual after-shower type things. Then made my way back downstairs to grab something to eat, or to see if my mom was cooking dinner.

When I entered the kitchen, i didn't see my mom at all I saw Luke. My heart began to race because i knew i had to confront him and now would be a good time because he wasn't in a zombie like state.

"Hey Amber." He said, his head perking up at the sight of me.

"Hey." i said quietly as my nerves poked at me.

"Whats wrong?" he asked me, tilting his head to the side as he made his way over to me, enveloping me in a tight hug.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked him, looking up his baby blues so he knew i was serious.

"If this is about my leaving the toilet seat up i-" Luke began only to be cut of by my chuckle.

"Luke, this isn't about you leaving the toilet seat up." I told him with a slight shake of my head. "Its about last night."

He was silent after i said it was about last night. His eyes were looking past me, and my heart dropped at his actions.

"Who is she?" I asked, talking about his girlfriend that he left for last night.

"Liz." He told me with a frown. I felt as if i was on the brink of crying as I heard the girls name leave his lips. Liz and Luke, Luke and Liz. It just sounded great together.

"Oh." I said quietly as i stared down at my feet.

"Please look at me Amber." He whined. I shook my head and continued to stare at my feet. I felt his finger slowly lift up my chin so i was forced to meet his eyes.

"Do you love her?" I asked him before even thinking about what i was saying. I didn't want to know the answer.

"Yes, of course Amber." He told me quickly. At his words I lost it. I nodded toward him as a tear slipped down my cheek. The one singular tear was soon followed by a waterfall of them.

I dropped to the floor as i let them fall. I was crying because Luke loves his girlfriend, and basically cheated on her with me but I was also crying because of how much of a mess I looked like.

Luke immediately dropped down with me and hugged me tightly. I didn't even have the strength to pull away from him because i was so confused.

"I don't understand why your so upset, Amber." He whispered into my hair, and with his words I yanked myself out of his grip.

"You dont understand!?" I asked him loudly. "What do you mean you don't understand? Your over here acting like you actually care about me when you have a girlfriend!"

After my outburst Luke just stared hard at me for a few minutes, and after those few minutes he broke out into laughter. He was laughing so hard he was clutching his stomach in pain.

"Whats so funny?" I snapped at him with a scowl, nothing i just said sounded funny to me.

"Y-You think Liz is my girlfriend?" He asked me between laughs as my glare grew even harder.

"Yes. Whats so funny about that?" I asked him once more with an ice cold tone.

"Liz is my mom Amber." Luke finally said after his laughter calmed down. I rolled my eyes at him, clearly not believing him.

"Yeah right." I scoffed. "Who leaves their cuddle session at 1 AM to go see their mom?"

"I do." Luke said, his voice becoming quiet.

"Why the hell would you do that? You know it hurts to be shoved off a bed." I asked him harshly.

"She has some... problems." Luke said slowly as he stared at his lap. "And im sorry about throwing you off the bed."

"You better be." I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest like a little kid. "I still dont believe you."

"And you dont have to.. I wouldn't believe me." Luke said. "All i want you to know is I like you. Not anyone else. I like your dirty blonde hair and the way it looks when you just comb it, not that it looks bad any other way i just like it natural the best. And I like your hazel eyes, they remind me of my childhood, campfires and s'mores. I love the way you belch out lyrics like no ones listening, even though it was annoying at first i've grown to love it. I like you, and everything you carry with you."

Luke opened his mouth to say more, but was cut off my lips crashing onto his.

His little speech made me realize he wouldn't lie to me, and that i should accept him even though he has some baggage because he accepts me and all of my baggage. I should like Luke for Luke and not judge him because of his mistakes.

"I believe you." I mumbled against his lips causing him to smile against mine.

So here we were kissing on the kitchen floor, while my mom was upstairs most likely stressing about the wedding that was to take place in a few months.

--------

How are your feelings.

Finally an update

I keep saying im back, im back and then im not back.

And sorry this was basically a filler.