44: amnesia

Forty-four

" Amnesia "

"Amber?" Luke's voice croked out from behind us, instantly sending me from a crying mess to a hysterically crying mess.

Out of all times the blonde could have decided to make an appearance it had to be now, when I was a complete and utter ticking time bomb about two seconds till explosion. I was a danger to him and pretty much everyone around me and too far gone to be defused.

I couldn't bring myself to say anything. I could only bring myself to watch him with my mouth agape, salty tears streaming onto my tongue. Though, the taste was quite unpleasant i couldn't bring myself to close my mouth either. I hadn't even realized that i'd stopped breathing until i felt the tight pain in my chest forcing me to take a gasp of air.

It was like the world had stopped. Bailey's mouth seemed to be moving but i could hear no words coming out. I could only hear my choked breaths as i watched Luke with wide eyes. 

He seemed to be the same as me, for he hadn't uttered another word since our eyes had met. 

I had to admit, he didn't look in best shape. The bags under his eyes were more evident than ever and his hair was thrown every which way across his forehead, peeping out from under his gray beanie. The guy was a complete mirror of myself, well, minus the river of tears that was making their way down my cheeks.

I hadnt had a panic attack in God knows how long. I'd almost forgotten how it felt to have one throughout all these years of smooth sailing. But, right now I was most definitely going through one and all the years of learning how to cope with one flew out the window and left me curling into a ball as choked sobs left my mouth.

"Amber?" Luke's voice rang again, though now it seemed to be muffled as if I was underwater and he was calling out to me from above.

I tried to open my mouth to speak to him but all I could muster was a pathetic whimper as my body shook with fear.

I don't know why I was acting like this. I don't know why I was all the sudden so afraid to feel human emotions. It was as if I'd been emotionally scarred and unable to be repaired. A mark that took its toll on my me, physically and both mentally, and I still had yet to become whole once more.

I could see both Bailey's and luke's lips moving now. Yet, no words managed to flood my ears - only the fast thumping of my heartbeat as i layed on the sand, trying to control the beast inside of me.

Everything was becoming hazzy, like I'd just woken up from a long slumber and my eyes had yet to focus. All my surroundings were slowly turning into one of Picasso's masterpieces, just shapes that only slightly formed the whole picture.

What was wrong with me?

Why couldn't I stop shaking and pick myself up off the ground?

Suddenly, everything stopped. The bright light of what was one reality burning out and leaving me in complete and utter silent darkness.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My eyes peeled open to what looked like my room at home.

Not my aunt's house, not my tiny apartment, home.

All around me was my things that i'd grown to miss in the weeks of being without them. My blankets, my pillows, my books, my cds, my beeping alarm clock, and my bunny slippers. They were all here, at my home.

Maybe I just dreamed all this, that everything in my life had gone wrong. If I had it was one hell of a dream that seemed to last weeks.

but, it all seemed too real to be a dream.

I slowly peeled my blankets off me and slid out of my familiar bed. I stumbled a bit, but managed to get myself back upright and over to the white door, pushing it open with my frail fingers.

I scanned the hallway up and down. It seemed completely empty, like there wasn't a single other soul in the building.

But, my thoughts were cast away with the soft strum of a guitar.

I followed the noise to the familiar white door that had a black 'keep out' sign tacked on it.

I took a deep breath as i placed my ear on the door, yearning to hear more of the melody.

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about this stupid little thing," the voice sung quietly. The angelic tune filling my ears.

It was a song I hadnt heard before, ever. It almost sounded like an original.

"Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you," it continued, filling me up with the sorrow that the author had clearly felt while writing the song.

Just as I was about to place my hand on the door knob I felt a light tap on my shoulder, spinning me around almost instantly.

What I was met with a short blonde girl, who seemed to be about andrews age. Someone who I'd never seen before in my life.

"Who are you?" I whispered, my voice slightly cracking as i stared the blonde up and down. Something about the lady was familiar and oddly soothing, but i couldn't quite figure out why.

"Honey, you should really get back into bed. You need to rest." she told me, pushing me back to my bedroom.

"I'm not going anywhere till you tell me who you are, ma'am." I told her, planting my feet into the gray carpet that decorated the hallway. To my pleasure, the carpet made pretty well tracking and stopped the ladies pushing almost instantly.

She met my eyes with her familiar blue ones and sighed sadly before speaking, "I'm Liz, Liz Hemmings."

------

I know you might be wondering where I've been the past week and a half.

I've been planning and treating wattpad more of like a job. I've been making notes, planning out chapters, and finally becoming more of an adult when it comes to wattpad,

And can I just say I'm really proud of myself for what I've come up with for story ideas. I'm beyond excited to start writing them.

As always I love you guys sm, cya tomorrow.

-maddyxxx