7: The Cliche Thing

Chapter Seven
"The Cliche Thing"
----------

I opened the door to the house and stepped inside. Darkness. It was eerily quiet,i guess everyone went to sleep.

I tiptoed up the stairs and made my way to my room, the floor creaked wkth each step i took. I opened the door to my dark room and flicked on the light. I gasped when the light flicked on, revealing a sleeping luke on my bed.

I tiptoed over to the sleeping boy, who looked flawless as little snores left his mouth. Stop it hormones hes going to be your brother. I slowly shook him as his eyes opened revealing his baby blues.

"Amber?" he croaked his voice raspy and small.

"Yes Luke, what are you doing in my bed?" i asked him as i kneeled in front of him.

"You ran out and i was waiting for you to come back." he said, blinking tiredly at me.

"Well im back now." i said giving him a light smile.

"Im sorry about what i said about Calum." he whispered his gaze falling to my white blanket.

"No dont be, what he did wasnt okay." i whispered lifting his chin so he looked at me.

"How do you know what he did?" he asked me his eyebrows cocking slightly.

"Calum told me.." i said looking down at my carpet.

"You went out to see him?" luke asked a hint of anger laced throughout his words.

"No.. We ran into eachother." i whispered looking up to luke only to see anger on his facial features.

"I cant believe you." luke huffed as he got off my bed and began to leave my room.

"Seriously, you just apologized about being a dick about this." i whisper-screamed to him. Causing him to turn around and shoot my a deathly glare.

"You still care about him after what he did?" luke snapped at me, he looked betrayed.

"Luke we're human, we make mistakes." i said to him as i rolled my eyes.

"He was my best friend. He knew what he was doing." luke mumbled to me.

"You know what im not arguing with you about this. You're just a stuck up bitch." luke added then stomped to his room leaving me in shock.

"Language." I croaked out as i listened to him slam his bedroom door.

I felt a tear slowly slide down my cheek as i sat on my bed. I dont know why his words were affecting me this way, but i hated it. I hate how he had this control over me that i couldnt escape. I hated Luke Hemmings.

****

"I dont know mom, purple?" i said as i glanced over at hot topic. The store seemed to be calling my name, i didnt belong in this frilly dress shop.

"Are you serious the theme is autumn, warm colors honey." my mom said as she searched the rack desperately for her bridesmaid's dresses, that i sadly will have to wear.

"What about this one?" she asked as she pulled a bright orange dress from the rack, it would most likely end at my ankles and it had a huge messy flower sewn on the front.

"God no." i said as my eyes went wide, i wouldnt be caught dead in a dress like that. I turned my eyes to the rack and pulled out a white dress that was about thigh length, I was in love.

"What about this one?" I asked as I held the white fabric in front of me.

"Really honey?" She asked as a look of disapproval washed over her face.

"It's either I wear this or jeans to your wedding." I scowled to her as I put my hand on my hip.

"Fine." She huffed as she rolled her eyes and turned around, I swear sometimes she acts more like a teenager than me.

"Let's get you shoes, I'm picking them." She told me before making her way to the shoe isle. She'd picked out white heels, they weren't the prettiest but I could tolerate them. After shoe shopping we decided we were hungry so she led the way to the food quart.

"I'm in the mood for fro-yo." My mom announced as she scanned over the restaurants. I simply nodded before returning my gaze to my phone screen, staring at a tumblr post as I read the long paragraph about stars.

"Amber?" I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see calum. I flashed him a warm smile and gave him a quick hug.

"Calum." I said as i pulled away from the toned tan boy.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he shoved his hands into his black jean pockets.

"Dress shopping with my mom." I told him causing a look of judgement as he raised his eyebrow at me.

"For her wedding." I added, causing him to nod and rock back and forth on his feet.

"So can we talk about... yesterday.." Calum asked, breaking the silence that had come over us. I nodded in reply.

"I'm sorry-" He started only to be cut off by me.

"Don't be sorry, I kissed you back." I said shoving my hands into my jean pockets.

"Did you like it?" He asked me, looking at me with puppy eyes causing me to giggle.

"Yeah, I did." I said as i felt a blush come onto my cheeks, causing me to look down.

"Me too." Calum chucked to himself mostly. "So what do you say I take you out on a proper date?"

"A proper date?" I repeated as I watched him with an amused expression.

"Yeah like dinner, a movie all the cliche stuff." He said looking into my hazel eyes. "What do you say?"

"That sounds nice." I said smiling up at him.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 5." Calum said before adding. "As much as I'd like to stay I have to get back to my job."

"Okay, see you tomorrow." I said as i pulled him into another hug. He lightly kissed my forehead before turning away and walking back to his booth, while I sat in the middle of the mall blushing like an idiot.

---

Sorry for the short chapter, this was mostly a filler.

Annd sorry if it's a bad chapter, today was a bad writing day for me.

Don't forget to vote, it means a lot ♡♡