16: Room 104

Chapter Sixteen
"Room 104"

"Try to look a little less like you'd rather die than be here, okay?" My mom told me with a pleading smile as she adjusted my shirt.

We were at the highschool I was going to be attending, sitting in an office waiting for the principal who is 25 minutes late.

"Why do we have to impress her? She's the one who is late." I mumbled, as I crossed my arms over my chest and leaned back in the chair I was seated in.

"Oh hush, don't you want your new principal to like you." She asked, the question coming out more as a statement.

"I honestly don't care." I mumbled, leaning further back into the chair.

"Sit up straight, Ambrosia." My mom scolded me. I rolled my eyes but complied and sat up straight just in time as the door opened and a stern-looking lady walked in.

"Hello, you must be Ambrosia, im dearly sorry for my late arrival.. Teacher things." She greeted solemnly, as if she was silently judging me in her head as she sat in her swivel chair on the other side of the desk.

"That's me." I said perkilly causing my mom to shoot me a look that read, dile it down.

"So, I hear your looking to join our school community?" The lady asked my mom with a tilted eyebrow.

"Yes, that's correct." My mom comfirmed, a warm smile on her face.

"So, why the switch of schools?"

"We just moved in with my fiance, and his son attends this school. You might have heard of him, Luke Hemmings?" My mom told the lady, her eyes sparkling at the mention of the move.

"Ah.. yes, Luke Hemmings. I assume you'll do well in school, living with such a higher-class student." The principal said, now looking at me for the first time since we got here.

"I'm sure you'll be very surprised with her grades." My mom piped up as the lady returned her attention to her.

"Does she play any sports?" She asked my mother.

"Yes, she plays volleyball." My mom replied with a smile on her face. That information was false, kinda, I hadn't played volleyball since 6th grade over 5 years ago.

"We have an excellent volleyball team here at Sydney, tryouts are a week after school starts." the principal told us, as she pulled a stack of papers out of her desk drawer and placed them in front of my mom

"These are the registration papers, i assume they will take a while to go through so i'll be just outside when you're done." She told my mom with a blank nod before getting out of her seat and clinking her heels out of the office, leaving my mom and I in the office alone.

"Cant i just drop out of school?" i asked as i listened to the ticking of the clock that was mounted on the wooden wall.

"Highschool dropouts dont make it into college, Ambrosia." my mom replied blankly as she scribbled down words onto the registration forms.

"But they can be strippers.. Do you know how much money they make?"

"Ambrosia.." my mother warned me in a stern voice.

"I could make like a thousand dollars a day just by doing a few twirls on a pole."

"Ambrosia."

"Shawdy got low..low..low..low..low."

"Ambrosia!" my mom yelled, her gaze snapping up to meet mine. "I think you should wait outside in the lobby.. Explore a little?"

"Yeah, okay." i said, shooting her an apologetic grin as got out of my chair and left the office. I spotted the principal typing away on the lobby computer, so i decided to pad up to her.

"Hello, done with the papers already?" she asked when i approached her.

"No, my mum kicked me out." i replied as i studied the colorful art hanging on the walls.

"I wonder why.." she mumbled back, clearly meaning for me not to hear her words. I let a frown take over my face as i watched the gray haired lady intently.

"Is it okay if i explore a little?" i asked her, causing her to let out an annoyed sigh.

"Dont touch anything." she told me before going back to typing away.

I left the annoyed principal in peace as i headed down the lonely hallway, that had lockers on each side of it and bright blue faded hallways.

I tried to imagine these halls full of teenagers, running around trying to find their friends or rush to class.

I turned down a dimly lit hallway, one that had no lockers and was almost hidden behind a trophy case, that was stacked full of gold and silver.

The hallway was mostly empty besides a few janitor closets and trashcans scattered around.

I turned around another corner, this one even dimmer than the other hallway. At the end of the hall was a room that had the number 104 printed on gold across the middle of the door.

As i neared the door, i heard someone call my name and i immediately recognized the voice as my moms and ran back to the lobby, leaving room 104 behind and placed somewhere deep in the back of my mind.

-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-

Shorter chapter.. Im sorrrrry.. And it was just a filler so im sorry times two.

Tomorrow ill make an extra long chapter.. I promise ❤

Thanks for reading.. Dont forget to VOTE, ily guys.