30: The date has been set.

Chapter Thirty

"The date has been set."

"So its settled then, we can have the venue by December?" My moms voice rang through the door as i pressed my ear harder against the cool wood, trying not to trip on the wool carpet in the process.

"Okay, I'll see you then." She continued, he voice moving around the room as she spoke. "Okay, Goodbye Linda." 

I threw myself off the door as i sucked in a breath. The date was decided. The date for a wedding that I was praying wouldn't happen. The word December rang through my head over and over again as i teetered in the hall, that only gave Luke and I about two months to figure out what we were going to do.

Its not like I can force my mom to not marry Andrew, that would just be sick. 'But, not as sick as dating your stepbrother' a voice rang through my head. I quickly threw all thoughts like that one to the back of my head as i began to focus once more on the main problem.

The wedding was about two months away. Meaning, I had two months to have the best time i can with Luke before its over, or, two months to figure out how i'm going to tell Luke its over. Both of those ideas almost brought tears to my eyes at the thought, I really liked Luke.

I decided I needed to share my thoughts with the one and only, Luke. So i quietly made my way down to his room, pushing his door open slowly. (to avoid the creaking.) 

His head snapped up from his phone as i lightly shut the door behind me and made my way over to his bed, sitting on the edge.

"What?" He asked me, a slight attitude laced in his words. But, i decided to ignore it since that wasn't what I was in here for.

"Two months." I told him, staring down at my socked feet. At my words, he perked up a little and tilted his head.

"Two months for what?" He asked slowly as if he already knew my answer, but was trying to get me to say the words.

"Two months to figure out what the hell we're going to do about our parents getting married." I groaned in an exasperated sigh as i threw myself across his bed, allowing my head and feet to dangle off the side.

"Are you sure its only two months?" He asked quietly, setting his phone down as he sat fully up.

"As sure as my mother herself, since well, i just heard her phone call with the venue." I mumbled as i covered my face with my hands. It was nice to have a miniature break from reality, but now, we're back to our regularly scheduled program.

"I don't know what to say." Luke said finally, after a few minutes of silence. I turned to him with an amused grin before adding,

"Well, thats a first."

"Fu ck you." Luke chuckled as he threw a pillow at me with some force.

"Language." I growled back, hitting him upside the head with another pillow before we fell into a pit of giggles.

"We cant take anything serious." Luke said after the laughing died down. I nodded slowly at his words for they were true.

"I wish we could just live that way forever, its much more fun." I smiled as i stared at his white ceiling, as if it were the most interesting thing in the world.

"Yeah, me too. But... we cant." Luke stated with a sigh as he layed down next to me, interlacing our hands in the process.

"We're going to have to talk about this sooner or later." I said as i pressed a kiss to his rough knuckle. 

"I know, but lets worry about that later." He said before adding, "For now lets just live in the-"

"The moment." I interrupted, turning on my side so i could see his eyes that i loved so much.

"Yeah, the moment."He smiled before he leaned in and pressed a delicate kiss on my forehead. The kiss lingered for a little while longer than it should have but i didn't mind.

At least i didn't mind until the door swung open and a gasp erupted into Luke's bedroom.

"What are you two doing?"

------

This chapter is short because my grandma died today, so im kind of an emotional wreck

But i love you guys never less.

Stay awesome, ily.