41: Lost Love

Chapter Forty-One

"Lost Love."

I stood underneath the flickering streetlight as i watched the huge white house, listening to the shouts of my mother attacking Andrew. (a/n Idek if I need to put this here but she's not attacking him physically but with words.)

I didn't blame her though, because somewhere along the lines of her shouting I heard the name 'Liz' pop up, taking me back to the night when I was tossed underneath Luke's bed. Andrew was involved with liz, I wasn't quite sure how he was but I'm assuming not in a great way since my mother's shouts were loud and never ending.

I shivered a little as a cold gust of wind ran through my hair, sending cold chills throughout my entire body. I should probably just go inside or even go back to Baileys house, anything but stand outside in the cold darkness. I felt like I was from a scene in a cliche horror movie, just waiting for an axe killer to jump out and cut me into pieces.

But, something was stopping me from doing so. Whether it the screams of my mother or the fact that I'm too much of a wimp to even come near to confessing my feelings to Luke. Though, I'm leaning towards the second option -- if i can't even say the words out loud then how do i say them to the boy's face? Even if i could say the three words aloud, it still doesn't change the fact of what happened a night prior.

I shook the memory out of my mind with a blink of an eye, not wanting to relive the scene once more. I'd already relived it about thirty times too many -- one more would most likely kill me.

When the yelling of the house finally died down, i decided to just suck it up and go inside because if stay another moment outside, maybe not an axe killer, but surely the animals of Sydney would get to me.

With one last glance around the, now silent, empty street I slowly padded up to the door and placed my hand on the brass knob. But, before i could twist it the knob quickly turned the other way and swung open, revealing my mother with a bag clutched tightly in her hand.

"Amber, when did you get home?" She spoke, eyeing me up and down with slightly spooked eyes. I began to open my mouth but before words could leave it, i was cut off by my moms voice. "Nevermind. We're leaving, come on."

Only now did i notice that her eyes were red and puffy and her words were coming out in cracks. I would have felt bad for her if i hadn't noticed Luke's sad blue eyes from behind the curtains, his eyebrows slightly furrowed as he watched me and my mother from inside. His eyes met mine for a split second before i quickly returned my gaze back to my mother, not daring to look at him for much longer because if i did, i'd probably start crying.

"Where are we going?" I asked her , surprisingly calm being as which my insides were twisting and turning into oblivion.

"To your aunt's house." She told me, gazing back sadly at the house before returning her gaze to me. "Just for a few days."

"Why, what happened?" I asked, though i already knew -- I'm pretty sure the whole street knew why my mom was packing her bags and leaving.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow." She told me, "Lets go before it gets any later."

With her words, she was off and away to the car - leaving me behind to stare at Luke through the window, watching him physically break as he watched me make my way to the car; wiping tears small tears from my cheeks as i walked down the pathway, joining my mom in her car.

I promise you nothing has ever hurt me more in my entire lifetime then watching Luke shatter as we drove away...

*