11: Tear Stained Pillow

Chapter Eleven
"Tear Stained Pillow"
----------------------

I woke up to a tear-stained pillow and the sound of the shower running. I lifted myself out of bed and made my way over to my mirror to see the outcome of last night.

I looked horrible. I looked like the girl from beetlejuice when she decided she was going to be dead. My makeup was smudged all over my face and my hair was knotted and frizzy. I was still in my clothes from yesterday and whats even worse, Luke saw me like this. He was going to give me hell about this for forever.

I attempted to wash off my makeup with makeup wipes that were lingering on my desk, than i just decided to just give up and get in the shower.. I deserved one.

I slipped on my bunny slippers and grabbed some yoga shorts and an oversized tee-shirt. Today was my zero effort day.

I made my way across the hall to the bathroom that Luke and I shared, the door was open a crack so i assumed whoever was taking a shower before was now finished. I opened the door and walked in. Inside was Luke, a naked Luke to be exact. I gasped then covered my eyes with my yoga shorts.

"What the heck Luke?" i yelled one my eyes were fully covered and i could no longer see mini-Luke.

"What do you mean, what the heck luke? Dont you knock?" Luke yelled back, hopefully covering up his naked body. "You can take the shorts off your face Amber."

I slowly peeled the shorts off my face to see Luke, now with a white towel tied around his waste. His hair was flat against his head and his body was still damp from his shower, he looked hot. Stop it Amber, hes going to be your stepbrother.. I told myself. Its just teenage hormones.

"I have to take a shower." i mumbled staring anywhere but at Luke's face. He mumbled an okay then made his way to the door before he left he whispered something that made me gasp. "Nice thong by the way"

I suddenly noticed that in the pile of clothes I was holding was a bright pink thong, that was very much noticeable. I flushed a bright pink color as my cheeks became hot. Luke chuckled then left the bathroom, shutting the door behind him.

- later -

The thong incident was now long forgotten, now here i was eating a banana and watching the vampire diaries in the living room.

I huffed as Kai showed up on the screen, he died like 4 seasons ago and was now back from the dead.

I had to admit i was strangely attractive to him, even as bad as he was. I guess im just attracted to sour things. (A/n Lmao sorry to you people who dont watch the vampire diaries.)

My long rant that was going on inside my head was cut off by the slam of a door and stomping sneakers running down the stairs.

"Tell my dad im going out, and that i might miss dinner." Luke said as he stuck his head into the livingroom.

"Tell him yourself." i huffed as i shoved a handful of smartfood into my mouth and kept my eyes glued on the screen.

"Well that'd be kinda hard, being as which i wont be here." Luke groaned as he ran his hand through his hair, which was flat against his head rather than in his usual quiff.

"Why is that?" i asked the boy, not really caring about his answer more wanting to annoy him.

"None of your business." Luke spat as he rolled his eyes and leaned against the doorframe. "Just tell him."

"You know.. You seem to miss dinner a lot." i began completely ignoring his last statement. "I'd like to know why, before i agree to anything. For all i know you could be sneaking out to deal drugs or rape children."

"Rape children? Im not raping children Amber." Luke said as a shocked face came over him, causing me to giggle at how exaggerated it was.

"So you're dealing drugs... I have a feeling Andrew wont be too happy about this.." i began, now completely focused on luke and forgetting about the show that hummed softly in the backround.

"Im not dealing drugs either." luke huffed as he facepalmed his forehead.

"So then what are you doing?" i asked him as i raised an eyebrow at him accusingly.

"I have to work on a project." luke said, completely lying. I had a nack for being able to tell when people were lying, and this boy was most definitely lying.

"Its summer...?" i said as i furrowed my eyebrows and eyed the skiddish boy, amused.

"You know what? Its none of your business, see you later." Luke huffed, sudden anger running through his veins as he stomped out of the house, leaving me alone of the couch with my bag of popcorn. This boy is so Bipolar its honestly annoying...

A part of me knew i wouldnt be telling Andrew anything about Luke not being there for dinner, mostly because i wanted to annoy Luke and because a slight part of me knew i wasnt welcome at the dinner table anymore..

- later -

It was 12 am, and i was still tossing and turning.

I was right, i wasnt welcome to dinner. In fact, my mother didnt even acknowledge me, she acted as if i didnt exist while Andrew just shot me looks of pity.

I stared at the white ceiling of my room and let out a huff. It was so quiet here. I couldnt hear the soft hums of the news channel playing, like back at the apartment. I couldn't hear the banging of the Stuarts from next door as they practiced their drumming skills. I couldnt hear the beeping of traffic from outside. It was silent, dead silent.

Thats when i heard it, the soft shut of the front door. Immediately my mind turned to burglar.

I slowly krept out of bed and made my way to the staircase. Everything was dark, it was probably a bad idea coming out here without a light because when i say dark i mean dark.

I held out my hand in front of me as i felt around for a lightswitch. But what i found was much worse.

I planted my hand on something firm, that seemed to be moving at a steady pase. As i placed my hand on it,i heard a low grunt that caused my eyes to widen. All of the sudden the lights flicked on revealing a messy looking Luke reaching out to the lightswitch. I immediately pulled my hand off his chest and felt my cheeks become hot.

"What are you doing home so late?" i whisper screamed to the boy as he stared at me with a dazed expression.

"Youre reaally short." the boy said as a goofy grin spread across his face, causing me to mentally facepalm.

"Are you drunk?" i asked the boy as he quickly nodded then giggled to himself.

"So this is why you werent here for dinner, huh? You went out to get drunk." i said as i helped the boy make his way to his room, all 6 feet of boy leaning onto me as we walked down the long hall.

"Why do bubbles pop? do they not like me? Im a very nice person." luke rambled on as i pushed open his door and led him to his bed.

"Okay you need to go to sleep." i whispered to the boy as i layed him down in the bed with a thud.

"But im not tired. Im the opposite of tired, im untired." Luke said as he stared at the ceiling like it was the most beautiful thing hes ever seen.

"You still need to sleep." i mumbled as i tucked the boy in, causing him to giggle loudly as i shushed him.

"Can you lay with me?" he asked after he was all tucked in and had his eyes closed.

"No i can not." i replied before making my way over to his door.

"I dont hate you." luke called to me before i left, i simply nodded then closed his door and made my way back down the long hallway to my room.

I crawled in my bed and stared at the white ceiling once again.

People say weird things when they're drunk. Of course he hates you..

I slowly closed my eyes then drifted into a dreamless sleep.

-----
Im about to fall asleep so sorry if this was a lower quality chapter...

...its just ya gurls tired as frick.