17: A night out in town

Chapter 17

"A night out in town"

**NOT EDITED**

Coming back home to Luke was weird, to say the least.

We acted as if nothing happened. Only a simple nod was shared if we crossed ways, otherwise we were mostly locked in our rooms. And ever since the kiss he left before dinner, and came home a little after 1 am.

Im not saying neither of us tried to talk, because we did the first two days, but we were always interrupted by either Andrew or my mom, being called down to dinner or being asked to run errands.

Luke wasnt the only one i was avoiding, i was also avoiding Calum. Everytime he called i pressed ignore and everytime he texted i only read it and never replied. I felt bad, i really did. but talking to him would only complicate the situation even more.

-

Its now been about a week since the lip touching and i was locked in my room with a chocolate ice cream carton, blasting Shape Of You by Ed Sheeran.

Back at the apartment, this was usually just a regular Saturday for me but ever since we moved I kinda broke the habit.

Just as i shoved a spoonful of ice cream into my already overflowing mouth, my door creaked open slowly.

I looked to the door, with a mouth full of ice cream to see Luke with a sheepish smile on his face.

"You look ridiculous." he stated as he, shut the door behind him and sat in my swivel chair. I swallowed my mouthful of ice cream before replying.

"Thanks." i said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at the blonde headed boy.

"So, we should talk..." he said slowly as his face turned a light shade of red.

"You think?" i chuckled, shoving another spoonful of chocolate ice cream into my mouth.

"So... About what i said, it was out of term and i'm sorry." he started. My heart dropped at his words, i had gotten my hopes up for nothing.

"Oh." i said blankly as i stared at the wooden floor.

Silence overcame us as the two of looked anywhere but at each other. I had been broken up with too many times to not know that Luke was trying to let me down easy. In seventh grade, Ricky Flink had done the same thing, under the apple tree that stood tall outside the middle school.

"I-uh-kinda have somewhere to be." luke sputtered out slowly. "But i just want you to know, its not you its just.. My dad and your mom.. They're getting married. Married."

"I know." i said sadly as i continued to stare at the floor like it was the best thing in the world, waiting for Luke to get up and leave.

"Tell my dad i wont be here for dinner." he told me quietly before getting out of the chair, and leaving to go to a destination that was foreign to me.

I waited until i heard the front door slam shut before grabbing my phone off of my night stand and dialing Calum's number.

"Amber!? Where were you? Are you okay?" his voice crackled through the phone as i let out a low sigh.

"I just... had a lot going on, im sorry." i told him slowly, trying to carefully pick my words.

"I understand, i get like that sometimes. Its just, a text would've been nice."

"I know." i said blanky, fumbling with my fingers. "How about we go out later? Just you and me, a night in the town?"

"Okay, sounds like a date." He said, his voice chirping up a little. "Where would you like to go M'lady?"