33: How did she know?

Thirty-three

"How did she know?"

After the date for the wedding was set things were going smoothly for my mum and andrew. Decorations were bought, invitations were sent, clothing was in order. everything was perfect.

Well, for them at least. Luke has been ignoring the main issue and I can't seem to get it off of my mind. I couldn't understand why it was so easy for him. Because, well, it was far from easy for me. I stayed up at lonely hours of the night thinking about it, what would happen if our parents ever found out about us and what would happen when there couldn't be an us anymore.

the topic itself just really drove me absolutely insane and sitting here talking with my mom about it didn't exactly help either.

"When Auntie Beth comes up with her kids you have to keep them entertained." She said for about the fiftieth time in the past hour I've been talking with her. I could tell this was stressing her out, but, i could also tell she was nowhere near as stressed as I was about the situation.

"Okay." I replied, taking a sip from my orange juice as i nodded my head lightly. 'Okay' was all I cold seem to muster out for a response whenever she asked or told me something, like i said, the topic really drives me mad.

"And when your cousin comes up she'll be staying in your room." She added peeking at her 'wedding' binder through the glasses that lay resting on the tip of her nose.

"Got it." I replied once more as i lazily twirled the liquids in my glass around. I wondered how much longer she'd go on about this whole wedding ordeal. I also wondered how much more i could take of this wedding ordeal.

"Do you have still have those shoes that go with your dress?" She asked me, looking up to meet my eyes now as she patiently waited for me to reply. But, to her dismay, i had no idea what she had just asked because i was too lost in my own thought to pay much attention to her words.

"Okay." I said in a bored tone, looking up to meet her confused eyes. 

"Are you even listening to me?" She sighed, closing the wedding binder and removing the glasses from her face as she made eye contact with me.

"Yes, i am." I told her as i tried to keep a straight face, but, even if i pulled the straightest face in the world, she'd still know if i were lying to her or not.

"Really? because i just asked if you had matching shoes and you said 'okay'." she told me with a slight amused expression. She'd caught me.

"Oh." I said, taking another gulp of my orange juice as i avoided eye contact with her.

"Is there anything going on i should know about?" She asked me and to which my  heart froze. How  could she have known? Did Luke tell her? Had she overheard us a few days ago?

"If you aren't comfortable with Andrew and I getting married, I want to know." She added once she saw my confused look. I instantly relaxed at her words. she didn't know about luke and i, she just wanted to make sure i was okay with her marriage. 

"I'm okay with it." I lied as i bit my lip nervously. I was far from okay with it, i mean, i was dating my soon-to-be stepbrother.

"You sure?" She asked with genuine concern in her eyes. I nodded, giving her a small smile.

"Okay. Well, im going to go make some phone calls... I've got a wedding to plan." She told me as she gathered her things, leaving me alone with a swift kiss to my head.

-------

Short update because im in study hall and im bored 

I'll double update though so dont worry.

AND this is unedited af so sorry

ily guyssss

-maddy