29: What if you two fall in love.

Chapter Twenty-Nine

"What if you two fall in love."

"Amber, what do you mean you didn't do the homework?" Mr Horan groaned as he stared at me through his thick rimmed glasses.

"I tried to, trust me I did, but I just couldn't" I told the blonde headed man, staring at my fumbling fingers.

"Oh, Amber, its not like I haven't heard that excuse before." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I honestly expected better from you."

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, staring down at the blank homework pages before me. I was genuinely sorry, I felt bad that I let him down. Its just when it comes to maths its like his explanations go through one ear and out the other.

"If you're really sorry you'd consider getting a tutor." Mr Horan told me as he collected the blank papers before me. "And, if you're interested, I know just the person."

"I'm interested." I told him; sitting up in my seat a little at the mention of a tutor. Maybe, just maybe, this is what I need to finally understand maths; a tutor.

"I'll speak to the gentleman when I see him today, and i'll let you know by the end of the day if he agrees. Just remember to stop by so I can explain the details." and with Mr Horan's words he was off and back to the front of the room to grade papers. I let out a sigh as i tried to go over the math equations once more.

-

"I wonder who it is... what if you two fall in love, like in the movies?" Ashton chirped as he bit into his sub with a cheeky smile. Bailey smacked him hard on the head at his words before adding,

"Hey, uh, genius? Remember Luke, her boyfriend?" she wailed to the curly headed boy as he hid in shame. I tried to hid my blush with my sweater sleeve when she referred to Luke as my boyfriend. Currently, we weren't official but i still love the way it sounded.

"Sorry, im a sucker for a romance." He defended, taking another bite of his sandwich.

"Be a sucker for Luke and Amber's romance, not her and her tutor's." She scolded, sending a cheeky smile my way before batting Ashton on the head once more.

I chuckled at the two's bickering as i leaned my head on Luke's shoulder. He has been awfully quiet throughout lunch and I was kind of beginning to worry.

"You okay?" I whispered, and to which he simply nodded. I furrowed my eyebrows, but decided to just leave him alone since he seemed like he didn't want bothering at the moment and I've learned in the past when he was in a mood, just let him be in a mood.

"You're head is too fu cking big." Michael's voice interrupted my thoughts, him now joining the argument between Bailey and Ashton.

"Oh trust me, i know." Ashton smirked, as Bailey grimaced. I tilted my head at the 'joke', not understanding and from the corner of my eye I could see Luke scowl at the two boys.

"Oh, excuse me Luke I forgot about your sick fantasies with that one." Michael spat, motioning towards me.

"Okay, you can shut the he ll up now." Luke groaned, hiding his face in his hands. The four of them went on bickering as i sat in silence, deep in thought.

I thought about my tutor, and who he/she could be. Everyone was making a big deal about it, but, to me it really wasn't. I mean, how bad could it be?

- - -

I walked down the empty school corridor to Mr Horan's room, my worn sneakers clapping against the tile. Once I reached his room, i noticed his door was shut and blind was down leaving me clueless to who my tutor was.