28: this hits too close to home

Chapter Twenty-eight

"This hits too close to home"

Going to the movies sounds fun right? Wrong.

Sure, it was a good idea in the long run. Bailey, Ashton, Michael, Luke, and I all going out and being normal kids. How can that go wrong? Well, that leads to the predicament I'm in now. But, let me start from the beginning.

Bailey had called everyone up and convinced us to go out to the movies and after a lot of smooth talking, we all ended up at Smitty's.

"What movie are we seeing?" I asked Bailey as we got our popcorn from the red-headed guy in the vest.

"Oh babe, that's a surprise." Bailey grinned darkly as she led our small group to the movie room. She made sure I couldn't tell what movie it was by putting her hands over my eyes as we passed the room label.

"So, only you and Michael know?" I asked her with a tilted head, my eyes flicking from every person in the group until they landed back on Bailey.

"Yep. But, don't worry we picked this movie just for you." She grinned. I didn't trust Bailey choosing movies anymore after she made me watch a horror movie the first time i slept over at her house and it ended with me being scared to sleep for three days straight.

"Nope." She smiled, popping the 'p'. I rolled my eyes at her as i turned over to luke, who was watching the credits intently.

"What sick twisted movie do you think she's going to make us watch?" I whispered, grabbing a handful of popcorn then throwing it into my mouth all at once.

"Well, knowing Bailey, its probably going to be a movie like 50 shades of gray." Luke whispered back, still intently staring at the screen. I gulped as the words left his mouth, I wasn't planning on watching 50 Shades of Gray now, and I probably wouldn't be planning to anytime soon.

"Great.." I whispered slowly, turning to look at Bailey with wide eyes before turning back to the screen.

"Don't worry, I'll be here to shield your eyes." Luke smirked, interlacing our fingers then bringing my hand up to his mouth as he pressed light kisses on each knuckle.

"Gag." Bailey whispered, making a gagging motion with her finger into her mouth. "Why did I think it'd be a good idea to sit next to you two?"

"Just turn around and talk to Michael and Ashton." I chuckled to her, motioning to the two boys who were deep in conversation.

"No, they're talking about boners." Bailey stated. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at her words. Boners? 

"Oh right I forgot, you're as clueless as Mary herself." Bailey chuckled before continuing. "A boner is-"

"Oh look the movie is starting!" Luke interrupted as he shot Bailey a sharp glare. I furrowed my eyebrows at the two, before leaning over to Luke and whispering in his ear softly,

"Porn?" I asked him sheepishly, and to which he just nodded. "Oh."

The movie went on pretty normally after that. The movie was about a boy and a girl whose parents were getting married. Sounds familiar, huh?

I began feeling more depressed as the movie went on, the girls and boys relationship grew stronger and stronger and soon, they were in love.

All the while the parents were still planning their wedding. This movie just hit too close to home.

I slid down further into my seat as a sex scene came onto the screen, most likely the reason Bailey wanted to watch this film. I felt luke's grip harden on my hand as the two step siblings got it on.

"But we're brother and sister." The girl mumbled, barely audible.

"Not yet." The guy whispered back, his air hot on her skin.

At this point I couldn't take it anymore. With one last handful of popcorn, i was up and out of the theaters without another word. 

I made a B-line to the bathroom, failing to notice the footsteps that were close behind me.

As i swung open the door I stared at myself in the mirror, just in time to see the little stream of tears running down my face. Why does my life have to be so complicated?

"Amber?" Luke's voice rang through the bathroom. He ran over to me, locking the bathroom door behind him, and pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered into my hair, kissing my head lightly as he pulled me into his body tighter.

"Don't be." I whispered back. my tears were most likely wetting his t-shirt but he didn't seem to mind.

We stayed like that for awhile, and eventually I stopped crying and pulled myself out of his chest. We stared at each other, in complete silence, to anyone else it may have just seemed completely awkward but for some reason it wasn't. Nothing was really awkward when I was with Luke.

I placed my lips against his, it wasn't a make-out session, it was just my lips against his. It was sweet, simple, and completely perfect.

------

This chapter is all over the place im sorry

i lub you guyss :))

thanks for reading my sucky book :))))Iasdjkan