20: The Dreaded Day

Chapter Twenty

"The Dreaded Day"

Light poured into my room as my mom flung open the curtains, awaking me from my deep slumber. Today was the day, the day I've been dreading since the beginning of summer. The first day of School.

"Wake up Ambrosia, today's your big day!" My mom said with the perkiness that I've grown accustomed to since we moved into Andrew's house.

"Ugh." I groaned as i slid back underneath my white sheets, burrowing further into them.

"None of that today, Amber. I'm on a tight schedule today, with wedding plans and everything." My mom said as she yanked the covers off of me and left my room without another word. My heart pained at the mention of the wedding, because whether the wedding happened or not depended on Luke's and I's future together. I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind as i got out of bed and walked over to my dresser, picking out my outfit for the day.

After a long time or debating on what to wear, i decided on simple black ripped jeans paired with my 'girls just wanna have fund$' t-shirt and my same old worn black converse.

I decided on wearing some makeup since its my first day at a new school and i needed to look slightly presentable. I decided on a simple wing and mascara, nothing too outrageous. Once I was finished in my room i then made my way to my shared bathroom.

I stared at myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth. I began to wonder if they would like me, or if they'd think I'm the weird girl.

I mean, I know everyone is saying how i'll know Luke, but, Luke wont be by my side 24/7 to help me make friends or warn me about the annoying teachers. He'll be off with his own friends, and I'll be left to make my own.

My train of thought was interrupted by a pair of muscular arms snaking around my waste. I smiled as I saw Luke wiggle his head into the crook of my neck, where he began to place small kisses.

"Why good morning." I giggled as i placed a small kiss onto his head. I noticed that he had shut the bathroom door, which made me come back to reality for a split second. We were hiding us from our parents. (if we even were an 'us'.)

"Morning beautiful." He said into my neck. He lifted his head and looked at me through the mirror as i spit out the remaining toothpaste that was in my mouth. I know, attractive.

"Did i ever tell you how pretty you are?" Luke asked as his grip on my waist tightened.

"Just a few times." I chucked as i left another quick kiss on his head.

"Well, You're really pretty." He said with a goofy smile as i felt a blush approach my cheeks. "I like that i can do that."

"do what?" i asked though i already knew the answer.

"Make you blush." He said as he began to shower me with kisses. "It makes me feel special."

"You are special." I told him as i wiggled out of his grip. "But i have to go eat breakfast."

"You cant hang out in here a little longer?" He pouted.

"In the bathroom? I think I'll pass. You're adorable though." I said with a giggle, placing my lips on his quickly before heading downstairs to eat some cereal.

I poured a bowl of chocolate krispies as i stared out the window. None of my nerves had came until now, and I was about to have a panic attack because they were all hitting me at once. My breathing hitched as i thought about Calum, he went to that school right? I hadn't talked to him since i rejected his 'offer' at the mall. I was sure Luke would defend me if he got mad at me, but, as i said before Luke wasn't with me all day and I most likely had classes with Calum.

I brushed Calum aside as a new thought came into my head, Lukes friends. What if they didn't like me? What if they just thought of me as Luke's stepsister because, both luke and i know i was far from anything near a stepsister to him. At least for now.

"Everything okay?" A voice asked me. I turned around to see, surprisingly, Andrew.

"Yeah." I said blankly, ever since that night that Luke left me under his bed i've been getting weird vibes from Andrew. Why did he want to say hello to his ex-wife? and, more importantly, did my mom know about Liz?

"I know what its like to go to a new school, but senior year sounds rough." He said as he packed his lunch for work. I nodded, trying to avoid awkward small talk.

"see you later." He said before making his way out to his car. I let out a sigh of relief when he left, i didn't know how much longer i could bare the tension.

A few moments later my mom walked in, carrying a binder that was labeled 'Wedding'.

"I have to go meet with the dress fitter this s'morning, so Luke will have to drive you." She said as she walked over to me and placed a quick kiss on my forehead. She yelled a quick bye before slamming the front door and heading off to who knows where.

Luke and I had ten minutes before school started and the drive was about eight, so i called up to him telling him to hurry up. Soon after i heard hit footsteps thump down the stairs, and eventually we both finally got into his truck.

"You excited?" Luke asked with a slight smirk on his lips as he looked at me from the side of his eye.

"Are you serious?" I asked with an exasperated look. "Asking me if I'm excited for school is like asking me if I'm excited to put my dog down."

"That's intense." Luke chuckled as he turned up the radio. "I really like you."

"I really like you too." I said as i leaned over and kissed Luke's cheek.

The rest of the ride to the school consisted of belching out lyrics, slight kissing, and small talk. But finally Luke pulled into a parking spot and we both got out.

"You can meet my friends first." Luke said as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to a group of people like an excited toddler.

There was three people in the group he pulled me over to. A girl with colorful hair, a guy with colorful hair, and a boy with dimples and curly hair. To be honest, they looked exactly how i had imagined Luke's friends to be.

"Luke!" they all cheered once we reached them. I hid behind Luke's height as I waited to be introduced.

"Who's the clinger?" The colorful haired girl asked Luke motioning to me. I felt my cheeks become hotter by the second as everyone's eyes found me.

"Well, shes not a clinger this is my friend Ambrosia or Amber for short." Luke said as he pushed me out from behind him. I nodded at the the three people as a hello.

"Amber this is Bailey, Michael, and Ashton." Luke said as he smiled at his friends, i nodded once more.

"Miss Barney is back." Bailey spoke up after a few seconds of silence. And with her words everyone groaned, well except me because i had no idea who 'Miss Barney' was.

"What the hell, i thought she died." Michael said as he rolled his eyes.

"What do you mean you thought she died? She left because she was giving birth to twins." Bailey said as she smacked michael upside the head.

"Ow, Fuck." Michael yelled, rubbing his head where Bailey hit him.

"No swearing!" Ashton said, his accent thicker than ever. I giggled at his girl like voice.

"You guys still fight like we're in kindergarten." Luke chuckled as he eyed his friends. He put an arm lazily around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him protectively.

I looked up to his baby blue and shot him a smile, in which he returned his crooked smile that always had made me giggle.

Maybe today wont be so bad.. Or so I thought...

---------

Don't hate me

Another filler wooot woooot

Please vote and stuff, it mean sooOooOoOOOo much.