9: Murders and Dates

Chapter Nine
"Murders and Dates"
--------------

"Why can't you tell me where we're going?" I asked as I watched the scenery fly by the window as an old green day song hummed over the radio.

"Because then it wouldn't be a surprise?" Calum replied, keeping his gaze firmly on the road and his hands wrapped securely around his black steering wheel.

"I hate surprises." I mumbled, crossing my hands over my chest and looking over to Calum with pleading eyes.

"I'm sorry princess, I can't tell you." He told me, the pet name rolling off his lips with ease, causing my heart to jump.

"Are you gonna murder me?" I asked with a huff as i glanced over to Calum to see a smirk playing at his lips. "You are aren't you?"

"No Amber I'm not going to murder you.. now be patient." Calum chuckled as he turned down a creepy dark road, most likely the place where he'll murder me.

"How much longer?" I asked him, turning to face his as i furrowed my eyebrows.

"We're here." He said as his yellow hummer came to a stop. Outside the car was a picnic, all set up with blankets and home-cooked foods. Not to mention the view was incredible, it overlooked the city of Sydney. The lights looked breath taking.

"Calum.." I breathed out as i eyed the view. "You really didn't have to do this, I'd be fine with mcdonalds."

"I know i didnt have to, it's just I wanted to." He smiled gingerly at me before hopping out of his seat and walking around the car before opening my door. " m'lady. "

"Why thank you sir." i chuckled as i took his hand and hopped out of the hummer. He pulled me over to the picnic table then sat down, me joining him.

"This is amazing." i sighed as i gazed at all the foods scattered over the old worn blanket.

"I didnt make the food, my mom did. I dont know why im telling you that it'd probually be more romantic if i said i made it." calum rambled on as i chuckled and lightly shook my head.

"No Calum, i think its adorable you got your mom to make food for our date." i told the boy as i leaned into his shoulder and gazed at the view in awe.

"How did you even find this place?" i asked him as i took a bite of the chicken he had brought.

"Well me and my sister got into a fight so i just got into a car and drove and then bam, i found this place. Its kinda like my secret place now." he said as he remembered the night he found this beautiful place. I leaned up and placed a quick kiss to his cheek before returning my gaze to the view.

"So tell me about yourself." Calum said after a while of eating and looking at the view.

"What do you want to know?" i asked him as i plopped a plump strawberry into my mouth.

"Everything, anything." calum said as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Well i moved in with Luke's family about a week ago, it was a really big improvement from the cramped apartment my mom and i lived in before but i kind of miss the small apartment, it was homey. Unlike the huge mansion we live in now. My middle name is Mae and i love chocolate icecream with a passion." i told the boy out in a jumble, he just stared at me with an amused expression. "Sorry im rambling."

"No dont be, i asked didnt i?" calum said as i felt my cheeks become hot,i quickly looked away.

"Amber?" calum asked causing me to return my gaze on his big brown eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, confused. Then i felt Calums plump lips crash onto mine, i was shocked at first but soon i kissed back. Our lips molded together and moved in sync, like a perfect melody. As soon as it came it disappeared, much like the first time we had kissed. The two of us just stared at eachother with goofy expressions.

"Youre good at that." calum mumbled causing me to giggle.

"You're not to bad yourself." i replied as a smile approached my face, triggering the same smile to approach his.

"Im so happy you decided you wanted an air brush tattoo that day.." he mumbled before leaning in, connecting our lips once more.

---
Im double updating, so please dont get mad about this being a short chapter.

Also, WE HIT 1K READS, like what??? I expected this book to get to 100 views then just die. But im sooo grateful for what has come.. And i thank you a billion times. I love u guys.

Btw you guys should check out KayliHemmings shes a close friend of mine.

One last thing, i feel like All Time Low's new song 'Dirty Laundry' is the perfect song for this story idk, do you agree?