14: Where are we?

Chapter Fourteen
"Where are we?"
--------------

I'm still shaken up from what had happened earlier as i stand infront of the full body mirror, going over my outfit for Calum.

He was probably drunk again..? Maybe he was high... maybe.. maybe maybe maybe. Those where the types of thoughts running through my head, maybe this maybe that. Never the thought that he actually was going to kiss me because he actually liked me, because that thought was wrong for so many reasons.

I brushed away my thoughts with a huff and adjusted my tee white tee shirt , my fingers running through my medium length dirty blonde hair.

I threw on my converse just as the horn went off signaling that Cal was here. It was kind of a thing we had acquired, everytime he was here he'd honk a special tune through his horn that only i knew.

I smiled one last time in the mirror before grabbing my phone and running downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Luke said just as i was about to open the front door. I turned around and shot him a confused look, his face bringing back memories of earlier.

"With Cal."i mumbled, my hand still gripping the door handle firmly.

"I dont want you going out with him." luke replied coolly, placing his arms across his chest.

"You cant tell me what to do,youre not my dad."i replied as i twisted the door handle open and left, a slightly tensed Luke in the mudroom.

---

"So where are you taking me today, Hood?"i asked as we drove through the city streets of Sydney.

"Thats a surprise." he chuckled, as he gripped the steering wheel and shot me a smirk from the side.

"Its ALWAYS a surprise, Cal." i whined as I glanced at him from the side of my eye, quickly returning my gaze to the road once he caught me.

"You dont have to wait as long this time, we're almost there." he chuckled as he turned onto another unknown street. Before pulling into a parking lot and parking in front of an unknown building.

"We' re here."

"Where is here?" i asked as i tried to find a label on the building in front of us, but coming up empty handed.

"You'll see." Calum told me as he turned off the car and got out, walking over to my side and opening my door before holding out his hand. "M'lady?"

"Lets just get this over with." i chuckled as i grabbed his hand and got out of the car, shutting the door to the hummer behind me. As we walked to the unknown building, i kept stealing glances of Calum. He had this goofy grin on his face and looked like an excited toddler who was getting his favourite candy, i chuckled to myself.

"What?" he asked me after I had chuckled.

"You seem really excited." i simply said before leaning over and pressing a ginger kiss to his cheek, causing his smile to only grow.

"Well I have a good reason to be." he told me as he pushed opened the door to the building,ushering me inside. "Ladies first."

The building, had this smell. This smell that was oddly familiar but i couldnt put my finger on it. It was also very homey, with pillows and furniture placed perfectly all around.

"Calum is that you?" an older lady from behind the desk asked as we made our way inside. Calum shot her a smile and called out a yes. "Is that a girl with you?"

"Yes ma'am, this is Amber." he said to the lady. I put out my hand for her to shake but she pulled me into a hug,which wasnt the worse thing in the world. "Amber this is my mom, Joy."

"Hey Joy, lovely to meet you." i said into her hair as she gave me a squeeze.

"As of you." she said as she pulled away then made her way back behind the desk. "So what brings you two here today?"

"Just to... Check things out." calum said calmly, you could tell her still wanted whatever this place was to be a surprise. "Is that okay?"

"Yeah it is Sweets, just dont scare them and remember to wash your hands." She said to the boy as she smiled sweetly. What did she mean by them? And why do we have to wash our hands?

Calum grabbed my hand and pulled me down the hallway that was connected to the lobby. He stopped at two double doors and turned to me with a huge,goofy smile on his face.

"You ready?" he asked me, i furrowed my eyebrows actually becoming a bit nervous after what his mom had said.

"I uh-"

"Are you ready, Amber?" he asked once more staring in my hazel eyes.

"Yes?" i said, it coming out more of a question than a statement.

"Close enough." calum mumbled before pushing open the two double doors. "Welcome to my happy place."

Inside were animals of all breeds, cats,dogs,bunnies,ferrets. you name it it was probably there. I gasped in awe as a little bunny hopped over to my feet and rubbed against me.

"Its a shelter?" i asked calum, as i picked up my littke furry friend and placed a kiss on his nose.

"Yea it is, now get in here sweets." cal said, who was now holding a puppy and it was cute as frick might i add, as pulled me into the room, shutting the doors behind us, locking us in a furry wonderland of animals.

-----

Love you guys, please keep reading my stories it means so much.

Dont forget to check out my other books, Freshie and Camp.

Much love for all of you.