The End

The End

Duff's POV

It was really fucking hard to get Nikki to even hang out with me. It's like he sensed that I was up to something. Nikki just don't want to give me my body back. But it's time it's past fucking time. My band needs me, not Sixx as me.  His needs him too but he just doesn't give a shit. At least his fucking selfishness is consistent. That's one trait he can't escape in any body. But I can't do this shit anymore. I don't know if getting him to admit that he envies me will even work, but it's worth a shot. When Stevie was ranting it kinda made sense. Like in a way things never sound coming out of Stevie.

So I proceed to get Nikki and myself completely anialated. Which normally wouldn't be that hard to do. But as I mentioned, Nikki has his guard up. But with enough fucking booze he starts to loosen up and joke around. We're both fucking around on our bass's. He admitted that I'm the better bassist, so that's a start, right? That's probably harder than anything, getting him to admit to defeat.

"Hey man," I say, "Why don't you want to switch back to how we should be?" I point blank ask him.

I hear him sigh. It's probably something that Tommy has asked him one time too many. Probably me too. "Don't you enjoy just not being yourself?" He asks me.

"Yeah, but I know that it can't last forever."

"Why can't it?" He looks at me.

"Because it just can't," I shrug his shoulders.

He leans back and takes a drink of Vodka. "Why?"

"Because I'm not you," I shrug.

"Aside from the five other people who know that you aren't, who can tell? You look and sound like me. The world has it's Nikki Sixx."

"Look, I can't keep doing this shit Nikki. I'm not you and I don't know what to do. I mean... We're really trying to do something with Guns. You aren't doing my part."

"Are you so sure you want Guns to turn into Crue? You see what that's like. Do you really want that?"

"Yeah," I nod.

"Then you can have it by staying me," he shrugs and takes another drink.

"Look being you really has it perks. I've even enjoyed it. I really envy you Nikki. I like that you never take shit off anyone. I do like the fame, the girls, the glory, but it's not really mine, you know. I just don't get it Nikki. What's so fucking great about being me? I really want to know. I need to know." There. I said that I envied him. I've done my part. Now I just have to get him to say it too.

"It's just less stressful to be you."

"Yeah, because it's fucking boring being me. I'm nobody special. Why me?" I fish.

"Luck of the draw it would seem," he sighs.

"Man, do you ever give a straight fucking answer? You're holding my body, my entire life in your hands and you're just thinking about you. I'm in this shit too. I want to be me again. Why won't you give it back?"

"Because I rather enjoy not being me," he shrugs with a drink.

"I'm getting that much...What I don't get is why you find my life so fucking fascinating?"

"Well, it's simple. You have everything that I need in my life Duff. You have friends. You have family and for some people, that's all that matters in life."

"But they're MY friends and My family!" I shout and feel myself losing my cool and feeling Nikki surface inside me.

He just smirks.

"So you envy me then?" I ask. Come on Nikki, take the goddamn bait.

"Well... I guess," he sighs.

"Then say it. Tell me to my face. Tell me you envy me. Tell me my boring life leaves you envious. It's the least you can do for me. Indulge me in hearing it just this once." Come on! Fucking say it! I'm so close!

"Oh alright!" He snaps and rolls his crude. "Fine! I fucking envy you! OK?!"

Then, just like Axl and Izzy said, the world starts to spin out of control. It's so fast that I see bright tracers of light come from everything. My spinning acid trip. It was working! Fuck, Steven is a fucking genius! I close my eyes until the ride is over. When I no longer feel that spinning out of control feeling I open my eyes and I see myself looking at Nikki. Not myself, Nikki!! It's over its finally fucking over! We've both changed back!!

"No! What the fuck have you done?!" Nikki screams at me. "How'd you know what to do?!". He asks looking over his tattoos just to be sure.

"Steven actually," I laugh, God it felt good to be back in my body again. "I'm sorry for tricking you man, it was the only way." I know Nikki's not happy with this, but I'm thrilled! I'm me again!

Nikki just hangs his head in defeat, "I always knew that it would have to end eventually. I just figured that it would be me that did it. Look Duff, don't take it personally, you know, my selfishness.. Be flattered. I really wouldn't want to just be anyone. You've got a great life man."

"I'm just happy to be me bro! That's good enough for me."

The End