Chapter 11

I climbed onto the bus.

"Where were you?" Alex asked.

"PTV's bus."

"Why?"

"Juliet and I were eating cheezits." Alex shook his head as he started laughing.

My phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey there was an accident-" Juliet said.

"Oh my god are you guys ok?!" I yelled.

"Not with us you goof! You didn't let me finish. There was an accident on East Second Street and we have to take the detour, so we won't get there for about an hour." She said.

"Alright. I'll tell the guys. Can we set up a four way skype call?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'll do it in a bit. See ya." She said as she hung up. I went to the back room and sat on the couch. I put in the movie Zombieland.

"Guys!" I yelled. They piled into the room.

"What's wrong?" Rian asked.

"There was an accident up ahead and we have to take the detour. Juliet said we wouldn't be there for about an hour." I repeated. They all nodded.

"Zack?"

"Hm?"

"Will you lay with me?" I asked.

"Uh...sure." He said. He laid down and I climbed onto his stomach. I felt my phone ring and saw 18 familiar faces and a different part of our bus.

"Hey guys." I said.

"What are you doing?" Kellin asked.

"Watching a movie."

"Who is that?" Vic asked while leaning closer to the camera.

"My cuddle pillow." I said.

"Hi." Zack said. Rian, Alex, and Jack ran to the back room and joined our cuddle session. I just started laughing.

"What?" Kellin asked. Justin, Jesse, Jack F., and Gabe were probably in the back playing video games.

"I'm just thinking." I said with giggles.

"About?" Jack asked.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." I quoted Matilda. I felt Zack shrug and he squeezed me. I squeezed back and we sat lied like that.

"Thanks for the hug. But I was thinking about good memories." I said.

"Like?"

"Well, when I was around six, before my mom died, she would take my cousin and I out in the middle of this wooded area in our old truck. We had a mattress in the bed of it with a bunch of pillows and blankets and a tarp in case it rained. And we would roast marshmallows around the fire and listen to the Nothing Personal album. I remember it had just started selling in Walmart and my mom bought it." I said. I looked up to see they all had tears in their eyes.

"You really miss her, huh?" Alex asked.

"Sometimes. I mean, it was hard growing up without her, but that's what memories are for. All you have to do is go through all the good times you've had and it'll feel like they're right there with you." I said.

"How old were you?"

"I was about seven or eight."