Chapter 31

"Blake, wake up. We're here." Zack shook me.

"No."

"You aren't gonna get any food then." He said. I shot up and put on my shoes. I checked the tiny mirror I had in my clutch to make sure my makeup wasn't smeared and I didn't have bed head.

"You look fine, cane we get food now?" Jack complained. We walked off the bus and met up with everyone else. We checked to see if we had everyone and walked inside. I stayed close to Alex. Not for any specific reason, I just wanted to sit by him this time.

"Hello and welcome to Charleston Restaurant. Name, please?" A woman smiled and asked as the soft sound of a piano played in the distance.

"Gaskarth." Alex said. She was silent for a moment, her eyes scrolling through a list of people before she looked back up at him.

"I'm sorry, there are no reservations under the name Gaskarth." She said. Alex thought for a moment. He looked like he was about to do the movie cliche where he causes a scene and is asked to leave, but instead he thanked her and we all walked out of the restaurant.

"Now what?" Rian asked.

"I don't know. I remember calling and doing all that shit so I'm kinda pissed that they said I don't have a reservation." Alex stated.

"It's alright. Let's have some fun. We can go to McDonald's, then get some ice cream, and hang out in a park or something." I said.

"Ok, but I'm still gonna try and figure out why the hell there wasn't a reservation." He told me.

"Uh, hey guys? How does McDonald's and ice cream in the park sound?" Alex said. There was a chorus of 'yeahs.' We got back into our bus and we to the nearest McDonald's. We had to park in an Office Max parking lot and walk over.

"Are you excited for the end of tour?" Alex asked me.

"Yeah. I'm excited to check out the house." I said. He gave me a puzzled look.

"What do you mean 'check out the house?'" He asked as he stuffed a french fry in his mouth.

"I live there for about three-well, more like two and a half days before we left for tour. I only knew where your guys' rooms were because you had your doors open."

"Did we forget to give you a tour of the house?" He asked.

"Kinda. You showed me my room and I saw eventually found where the bathroom was..." I told him.

"Whoops." He laughed.

"So after you said you wanted to finish the school year and stuff, I went looking and there's actually a really good one not too far from the house." He said.

"Really? Oh my god, thank you!" I said. I know, people usually aren't this excited for school, but the main thing I'm focused on right now is graduating. I just want to get school over with so I find out what I want to do later in life.

"I want you to make friends while your there." He told me.

"Why? I already have friends..." I said.

"Who?"

"Well, there's Pierce, Casey, you guys-" He cut me off.

"Friends your age."

"Taylor."

"Your boyfriend doesn't count."

"Your boyfriend doesn't count." I shot back. Did it make sense? No. Did I care? Not really.

"Whatever, but seriously though, try to make friends." He said.

"I'd rather have a dog or a cat or something." I said.