Chapter 45

A nurse walked in and stood to the side of Rian's bed. She was pretty; super pretty. Even in scrubs and a ponytail.

"We haven't heard anything back from the lab regarding your concussion, so we think it would be best if you stayed overnight just to be sure it's not too serious." She said. It took Rian a few seconds to respond.

"Oh, um....yeah. Alright." He flashed her a smile. The sound of ice sliding across the floor came from Alex's side of the room.

"Your cat's an asshole." He said to the nurse with his eyes half opened. She just laughed and went to get some paper towels. A new nurse came into the room with another cup of water.

"How are you feeling, Alex?" She asked.

"My everything hurts and the cat keeps trying to knock over my water." He said.

"What cat?" She asked. He took a drink of his water.

"The cat right there. You can't see it?" He asked as he pointed to the end table. She shook her head.

"I want whatever it is he's on." Jack said. She laughed him off.

"Alright sweetheart, I'm gonna put some medicine on your arm and it might sting a little bit." She said.

"Why, there's a big white thing on it?" He said. Jack mumbled something about that being his skin.

"No, above that. Right here." She pointed to the area with the road rash looking thing.

"Oh....ew." He looked at it in disgust before asking her another question.

"What flavor is the medicine?"

"Whatever flavor you want it to be, just don't eat it. Ok, this'll only hurt a tiny-"

"Ow, what the fuck that feels like lava!" He yelled with his raspy voice. He pulled his arm away from her.

"Hey, you're doing great. We're almost done. I just have this last little bit, and the bandage, then we're done." She said. He looked at her for a little bit before slowly reaching his arm out. His face scrunched as she finished swabbing the medicine on his arm and place the bandage over it.

"There, all done. Do you need anything or is something else bothering you?" She asked.

"Well, my lips kinda hurt. Can you kiss them so they'll feel better?" He winked at her.

"Maybe when you're out of high school...." She said. Alex looked a little disappointed as she made her way towards the door. She was already down the hallway when he realized he was twenty-four and not sixteen.

"I wanna put my mouth on your mouth!" He yelled. We were laughing at him and I didn't realize Zack was recording until he slipped his phone back into his pocket. Alex took a drink from his cup and set it back down.

"Blake, you do art shit. Wanna make my arm float in space?" He asked. I looked at Jack to make sure I heard him right.

"What?" I asked. The only person I've willingly shown my sketches and stuff to was Juliet. Jaime was looking over my shoulder earlier, but that's it.

"Yeah you're good at it. Sell that shit on eBay. I really like that one with the flower blooming out of the s-" I cut him off before he could say anything else about it.

"Ok, yeah. I'll paint your cast, but it'll have to wait until I get paint and you're not......this." I motioned my hand around him. He gave me slight nod before taking another drink. After he set it down, he looked at the side table, called it an asshole, and fell asleep.