Chapter 57

I've covered my neck and chest with makeup, and I've got to say, it worked really well.

Justin and I are sitting on the couch watching 100% Hotter on Netflix when a bunch of people come running down here.

"God, don't scare me like that. I thought you were a bunch of random drunk guys." I said when I saw Vic, Jaime, Kellin, and Fowler.

"We are a bunch of random drunk guys." Jack said.

"You know what I mean." I told him. I pressed play, and Vic came to sit between Justin and I. I started to get a weird feeling, but I brushed it off.

About five, maybe ten, minutes go by before Vic rests his arms on the back of the couch. That weird feeling came back, but went away after Vic stayed still for a few minutes.

Then he scoots closer to me. I just assumed he was uncomfortable, and accidentally did it when he was shifting. Then he did it again. The weird feeling came back after six months of hitting the gym; strong. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"Hey, Vic? Could you scoot over a little?" I asked. He turned to me. The smell of alcohol lingered on his breath, and it surely wasn't helping me in this case.

"Yeah sure." He moved as close to me as he could. I entered full panic mode, and threw myself up off the couch as hard and fast as I could. I started walk away from the couch as fast as I could, without stepping on anyone. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye, only increasing my fear.

Right as I'm about to reach the bathroom, someone pulls me back, causing me to freak out more. I start scratching at their fingers to let me go, but end up scratching myself too.

"Hey, hey, it's alright. It's alright. I'm here, okay?" Justin said as he pulled me into a hug. I felt safe here. Like nobody could get me. He held me in his arms until I calmed down.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. I just don't feel comfortable with anyone being that close to me. Well, anyone except you, Alex, Rian, Jack, and Zack." I said.

"Hey, it'll be okay. Do you wanna go watch tv?" He asked.

"Yeah. Will you sit in the big chair with me?" I asked.

"Sure kiddo." He said. He sat down and I positioned myself so my head was resting on one couch arm and my legs were hanging off the other. I had no idea what time it was, but we had just watched seven episodes in a row, so it must be late. My eyes were getting itchy because of how tired I was.

~•~

I don't know when, but at some point, I must have fallen asleep because I just woke up, and the music is still going.

I carefully climb off of Justin and start going upstairs. As soon as I reach the laundry room, I go to the bathroom to urinate.

I took one look at the living room, and I want to say 'nope' and walk out, but I didn't. I checked my phone to see what time it was. Three thirty-two.

I sighed as I stepped over some passed out people to get to the stereo. I turned it down and went to go sit down to make a playlist of the songs I liked of Billboard Year End charts from the years 2007 to 2012. I don't know how much time I spent doing it, but it felt like forever. It was worth it, though.

I stood up and plugged in my phone to the stereo. I started cleaning up everything around me as the music drove me into the cliff of memory lane. I forgot how much I loved Rihanna.

I hummed along to Umbrella as I emptied out cups and bottles into the sink before throwing them away. Anything that looked like trash got thrown away. After picking up stuff from inside and outside, I ended up filling four and a half extra large garbage bags with what people had left out. I didn't realize how much time had passed until I saw the sun coming up.