Chapter 49

It's been hours since Maddie left and I don't know what to do. I'm bored out of my mind and I'm the only girl in the house. I have to deal with thirteen guys and whoever they invite over.

"Dude I can't believe how amazing that turned out." Gabe said as he studied Alex's galaxy painted cast.

"I know. Where did you learn how to do this?" Alex asked me.

"My head? I don't know, I just did it." I said.

"Well it's awesome." He made a weird smile at me.

"Glad you like it, because it's not coming off." I laughed.

"Hey, honey? Are you sure you're ok sleeping downstairs with everyone? It might be a little crowded and I don't know if everyone can fit on the air mattresses." Rian asked. It was weird hearing him call me honey, but I liked it.

"Yeah, I'll be ok." I said.

"Alright. Hey come here, I've gotta ask you something." He said. I looked at Alex before getting up and following Rian around the corner.

"Alright kiddo. Remember when you wanted to do something after tour ended?"

"Yeah...." I answered, gaining an idea of where this was going.

"Well, what if I took you, the boys, and Maddie to the zoo?" He asked.

"Really?!" I asked excitedly.

"Yup! Tomorrow after your interview." He smiled.

"Thank you!" I yelled as I hugged him tight.

"Damn, you make it seem like you've never been to the zoo before." He laughed. His expression changed when he met my eyes.

"You have been to the zoo before, right?" He asked with a look of dead seriousness.

"No." I told him.

"Oh, wow. Never?" He asked in disbelief.

"Never." I confirmed.

"Tomorrow is going to be fun. I promise." He said before wrapping his arms around me.

"Oh, yeah. Speaking of your interview, Alex, Jack, and Zack have some stuff they have to do and I have errands to run before I take you guys to the zoo, so I think Justin is taking you to your interview." He told me.

"Oh, ok." I said.

"That's right, kid! You're stuck with me for a hour and a half-ish!" Justin swooped in and threw me over his shoulder.

"What's your obsession with picking me up?" I asked.

"You're super light and I don't know, you're fun to pick up, I guess." He said as he plopped me down next to Alex.

"If you get to pick one present right now that you get to open, then which would you pick?" Alex asked.

"What presents?" I asked. The only ones I saw were the ones Jack and I wrapped last night. He looked over at our boxes.

"Fuck I forgot them upstairs." He said. He got up and motioned for Zack to follow him. Rian ran upstairs after them.

A few minutes later Zack came down with a blank Christmas tree and Rian was carrying presents. Alex came down with his arms full too.

"Alright pick one." He said. I looked at him before picking up the smallest envelope and looking at him.

"Wait," He said as he looked at it, "ok, had to make sure that one wasn't Jack's." He laughed as he took it from me.