❤︎Chapter One❤︎

© BonbonLove 2017 All Rights Reserved

"NEXT STOP...TOKYO."

"Excited" could not even begin to describe how I felt while standing on the crowded subway train on the way to Tokyo. My entire body was humming with anticipation to take my first few steps out onto the busy, vibrant streets. I couldn't wait to start exploring my new surroundings -- nor could I wait to start binge eating everything in sight!

And the men -- goodness, Tokyo didn't disappoint! I saw so many male idols on TV that were from Tokyo, all glimmering and flirtatious and carrying this amazing charm in their sparkling auras

And the men -- goodness, Tokyo didn't disappoint! I saw so many male idols on TV that were from Tokyo, all glimmering and flirtatious and carrying this amazing charm in their sparkling auras. They made the boys I knew growing up in my hometown look like potatoes. That was why I never took an interest in them. When I was living with my grandmother, she always used to worry because I never had any boyfriends, saying things like :

👵🏻 "Momo-chan! You're definitely going to end up all alone if you don't start looking for a husband!"

I would always disagree. The boys in my old high school were immature and awkward. That was why I only looked forward to an adult romance -- the really cheesy ones you saw in RomCom movies. I couldn't wait to experience it. No curfew that could interrupt a perfect moment, the freedom to make my own decisions with whoever I wanted no matter how risky, go as far as I want to...

It was hard to do that kind of stuff as a teenager, right? You don't get the same kind of freedom no matter how you look at it.

But now that I'm an adult...

I slap my hands over my cheeks and squeak at the idea of having a boyfriend. The images come to mind....he would definitely be tall...and handsome...like a modern day prince! And he'd be kind and gentle to me, and...

"Miss, you alright?"

I snap out of it when a man taps me on my shoulder. He looks at me cautiously like I had contracted some kind of contagious disease.

"Eh? Me?" I ask, wondering how I must have looked.

"You were making weird noises. Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No...thank you." I muttered and looked away. Moment of glorious daydreaming over.

When the man turned the other way, I reached into my pocket to turn up the volume on my phone, pushed my headphones into my ear, and started up my playlist. As the lighthearted melody surrounded me, it opened my mind up even wider to daydream more about Tokyo.

Ah, don't do that. You should be worrying about finding a job!

I had no relatives after my grandmother. My parents left behind a very small will when they passed, so I survived on only a little bit of what I had earned during my previous part time job. I sold me and grandma's apartment and purchased a new one in Tokyo. I was astonished by how much money it costed to get a one bedroom apartment! I was almost completely wiped out. My funds were so low that I probably only had enough to buy food to last me a week. I had to start looking for work ASAP.

The only problem...I was a natural born multi-tasker. It was impossible for me to have only one job. If I didn't keep myself busy with something everyday, I would definitely end up going crazy.

Because of my strange multi-tasking habits, I never could decide what I wanted to focus on as my sole career. I did everything, I was good at everything, I excelled at everything...and yet I never found the one thing that felt like it suited me the most.

I was sure that when that time came, when I found the perfect occupation, it would be challenging and uncomfortable at first, but it would be just right for me.

For now, I at least had to find 1 job to support me for the next few weeks. Then, if time allowed, I could work a second, maybe over the weekends...and maybe squeeze in some more during the day...

My face falls when I realize my plan probably wouldn't work too well. It was easy to have part-time jobs as a teenager, but I wasn't paying the bills at that time. I was wasting money away on myself -- on things I didn't need. I had so much I had to pay for, I was going to end up broke no matter how many jobs I got!

Oh, why didn't I learn how to save my money!

😭"OH NO, I'M POOR!"

I feel tears well up in my eyes and toss my head back to start my famous crybaby whining. I couldn't hear myself with my headphones in, but I must have been obnoxiously loud -- the subway folk all turned to look at me with wide eyes. The man from earlier who thought I needed to go to the hospital poked my arm, but I was too far in my feelings to respond.

I probably sob the entire ride before the train finally stops...

A/N: I hope you enjoyed! The chapters might be a little bit short. I will post chapter 2 very soon.