Chapter 3

Katie gaped at the TV, "She didn't."

Winn groans, "Oh good God."

Katie dragged her hands against her face, conveying her thoughts of Kara saying she was related to Superman. She gabbed Kara, "Ah. Interesting choice mentioning that in an interview."

Winn pulled at the collar of his shirt, "Isn't that a little dangerous?"

"I didn't mean to. I got confused and it just popped out. She... She tricked me. She's like a villain. She's like a super interviewing villain."

"That is literally the most boring power ever."

"KERAH!" Cat screams, "Oh, and Cookie."

"She's not even trying now." Katie groans, following behind Kara into Cat's office.

"Kathy, good." Cat waved her closer, "You and Olsen did a great job getting me that interview with Supergirl."

"What?" Katie glanced at Kara, wondering what she was talking about.

"Jimmy told me that it was you who actually got Supergirl to go to that interview, and I thank you for it. I never knew such a girl could be friends with Supergirl."

Katie shut her mouth, and nodded, "Uh, thanks. Is that all?"

"Yes, you may leave." Cat waved her hand.

Katie walked out, her feet taking her to James' office, "You told Cat that I was Supergirl's friend and the reason you got the interview."

"Yeah, Kara said you were the one to help convince her."

"I only gave her a little advice, I never-" Katie groaned, "Now Cat thinks I'm a close friend to Supergirl."

"Well technically you are."

"I know that, but now I'm on Cat's radar."

"Wouldn't you want to be." James smiles, "I mean, you're job will get better, you sit and write articles everyday, but you never show them to her."

"Because they're crap." Katie mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest.

James leaned back on his desk, "I didn't mean to pry, but I may have read you and Winn's resumes."

Katie opened her mouth in an 'o', she shook her head, "So you found out that I originally signed up to be a reporter." She laughed, "I'm stuck behind a desk, working as an IT, and I'm fine with that."

"Well, with Cat in your gratitude, you might be a reporter soon."

Katie rolled her eyes, but still smiled nonetheless, "Sure, sure. And by the way, be nice to Kara."

"Wh-why-?"

"Buh-bye."

Katie walks out to see that Kara was gone, "Uh, Winn, where did she go?"

"She said she was going to that secret Covert operations thing that her sister is apart of."

Katie slowly nods, "Right, we're supposed to act like we don't know about that."

"Also, I have a great idea."

Katie glances at her brother, "Your ideas are always horrible."

"This one is perfect, a base of operations."

Katie scrunched her eyebrows together, "What in the world are you talking about?"

"There is an office, the previous tenant Ed Flaherty died, and no one has taken that office, sooooooo."