Chapter 4

Katie sat up abruptly at the sound outside of the room she was currently in, "Kara?"

Kara suddenly flew past the clear wall in front of her, punching an alien in the face, making Katie jump off the bed, the IV pulling out of her skin. She flinched covering where the needle once was. Katie pushes herself off the ground, pushing the door open when the alien flings across the room.

"Katie, stay inside."

Katie gaped at the alien, "Uh, yeah, good idea." She released a scream when the alien hit the glass beside her, as she ducked back into the room.

After Kara defeated the alien, she walked into Katie's medical room, "Hey, sorry about the noise."

"No, it's fine." Katie waved it off, watching the agents take the alien away, "Do you know when I can leave? Winn has left me over a hundred messages."

"Just leave." Kara shrugs, "I mean, I do all the time."

"But-"

"How about I fly you home?" Kara grins, clapping her hands together, "Come on, this time you have a heads up."

"As long as Henshaw doesn't kill me for leaving, then yeah, let's go."

Kara held Katie's wrist, pulling her along, "When we get outside, hold onto me okay. I'll catch you if you fall, but I don't want to have that accident."

Katie nods slowly, "I hope to dear god I don't fall, if I do I'm never flying with you again."

Kara landed in her room, Katie's grip on her tight, "Katie-Katie, death grip."

Katie released her, "I am so sorry."

Alex's mouth dropped open, "Katie... Uh, Kara, you shouldn't have brought Katie, she should be in the DEO-"

"She was cooped up in there." Kara says, "She needs to get out."

"She somehow has powers that were given to her by a man, who clearly knew this would happen to her." Alex sighs, pushing her hair from her face, "I already have a lot to worry about right now, what happens if she loses control? We do not know the full extent of her powers, she absorbed a radiation blast as if it was nothing."

"So she's a metahuman." Kara shrugs off, "I'll keep a close watch on her, please, Katie isn't a DEO agent, she can't be cooped up inside that building like a prisoner."

Alex bit her lip, hands on her hips, "Fine, but mom is about to show up."

"Oh, Mrs. Danvers is going to be here." Katie smiles, "Is it for Thanksgiving?"

Alex nods, "Yes, I'm sorry. I'm just... I'm freaking out."

"Alex, I have seen you take down a human-sized bug without a weapon. This is going to be fine." Kara laughs.

Katie's eyes widen, "You have reached a new level of badass in my eyes."

Alex laughed, shaking her head, "Last year, she was mad at me for you not dating enough. Okay? I can't even imagine what she's gonna do to me for you coming out as Supergirl. And how do you think she is going to react when she finds out you told more people?" Alex moves her hand to refer to Katie.

"She seemed fine on the phone. At least she's making pie."

"Yeah." Alex groans, "I'm sure your favorite."

"Chocolate pecan pie is the best dessert in the galaxy. And as someone who's been to twelve different planets, I mean that literally."

Katie's mouth drops open, "You've been to twelve different planets? Oh wow, that is just awesome."