Chapter 13

(Please play the youtube video as you read this, it is about 8 minutes long, and it coincides with this chapter. Plus he sounds absolutely amazing.)

"So we made you fake glasses that you can wear, it's basically just a layer of glass over your eyes." Vasquez lifts up Katie's old frames, "Sorry you had to deal with General Lane."

Katie shrugs, the two females walking to her training room, "Oh that was no problem, I've been wanted to put him in his place since he came here."

Vasquez laughs, "Trust me, everyone in the DEO practically hates him." She paused to look at her, "How are you feeling?"

"Hmm?"

"Knowing that you weren't made this way. You were born with these powers."

Katie simply gave Vasquez a shrug, "To be totally honest, I don't really know how I feel. I kept blaming that Wells guy for all of this, but it wasn't his fault. The only thing he truly did was trigger my mutation, which could have happened at any time."

Vasquez gave her a curt nod, typing in the code to her training room, "It is a good thing that is was triggered earlier, this way you have the time to fully control it." Katie walked into the training room, turning around to see that the door had already closed, she paused waiting for Vasquez to speak into the microphone, "What if this happened during childbirth, from the stress? You could hurt your own children if you can't control it."

Katie puffed out her cheeks, completely agreeing with Vasquez, there are possibilities that her mutation could have been triggered during horrible moments in time, causing absolute catastrophes, "You're not wrong." She shook her hands out, "Okay, what's the first thing you want me to do?"

"Henshaw wants you to be able to control how much heat you create, so let's start there." Vasquez states, "No flame, try to make the room as warm as you can without creating a flame, or even a spark."

Katie nods, doing her best to concentrate on not creating flames, she felt the room heating up, but just as it got really hot in the room her hand sparked and a fire erupted from her palms. She cursed, putting it out easily, "Damn it."

"Hey, the upside is you were able to put it out without even thinking."

"I guess." Katie threaded her fingers through her hair, "How long did I last until the fire started?"

"A long time actually, five minutes."

"That's a long time?" Katie groans, "How long should I try to go for?"

"Until I tell you to stop."

Katie nodded her head, shutting her eyes and calming herself. She took a deep breath, allowing the room around her to heat up. It was getting extremely hot, but it didn't affect Katie at all. The heat was absorbing in her. 'Come on Katie, let's bring you to the merry-go-round.' Katie flinched at the sudden thought of her father, but she kept concentrating, making sure no fire came from her hands.

"Katie." KCatie opened her eyes, making the room go back to the normal temperature, "You did it."

Katie covered her mouth and grinned, "Yes! What's next?"

"Creating a very small flame, like a lighter small."

Katie pursed her lips, she snapped her fingers as if she was using a lighter, and a small flame came out of her finger, "It's so cute."

"Now let's keep that in your hand, try creating a ball."

Katie put her other hand on the flame, making two balls in each of her hands, she laughed at it, and began to juggle them around, "This is actually kind of fun."