Chapter 12

Leah lightly pushed Winn with her shoulder, the couple holding hands and walking the streets of the city. She made sure that she was not using her super strength while doing so, but it still seemed to have still made him groan. "I am so sorry."

Winn lifted his free hand to rub his shoulder, "It's uh-" He grimaced, "Fine, maybe we should work on that."

Leah looks down with a smile, lifting her head to look at him, "Yeah, I've been working on that for a long time, my mom almost found out once." She released a laugh, "I slapped a mug off the table as a kid and it went flying out the window."

Winn snorts, covering his mouth, "Please tell me it was her mug."

"Oh it was." Leah nods, "She was so mad that I broke it she didn't even notice that it basically flew." She paused, leaning her head into his arm, "We always talk about me when we're together, I want to hear stories about you."

Winn pursed his lips, thinking, "Well, there was the time that Katie lit out house on fire."

"Didn't that happen recently."

"No, I'm talking about when we were little." Winn says, "We got into this huge fight over what we wanted to eat for dinner that day, and Katie really wanted to eat hamburgers. But we got hot dogs instead, she was so mad that she lit the house on fire."

"How? Like with a match?"

Winn tilted his head into Leah's, "I-I actually don't know how. We didn't have any matches..."

"Was she near the oven?"

"Maybe." Winn shrugs, "I'm not entirely sure anymore."

"Any other interesting stories that do not involve house fires?"

"I broke Katie's arm." Winn states.

"You-why?"

"We were little and playing with these stuffed toys." Winn explains, the couple pausing to sit down at a bench, "I was swinging one of them around in a circle, and Katie told me I was hurting it. Well, I told her she was wrong, and she wanted me to prove it to her. So I grabbed her by her arm, and swung her around."

"Which caused you to snap it."

"Yeah, it broke like in between her wrist and elbow too. She would not stop crying, and I felt so bad. Luckily she got better real quick."

Leah shakes her head, "Reminds me of the times I spent with Kara on Krypton."

"Yeah, you never told me any of those stories."

"How about I tell you the time when my mom was chasing Kara and I around in her room." Leah begins, "She was acting like a monster, chasing us around, I ducked under the table, but Kara slipped and slammed her head against the corner of it."

"Ooh." Winn winced, "Was she okay?"

"She got right back up, as if it never happened. But we could always tell because there was a dent in the table."

"Her head made a dent?" Winn laughed, wrapping an arm around Leah's shoulder.

Leah put her head on him, "Yep, we would nonstop tease her about it."

"I'm going to start as well." Winn's eyes fell on her, "There was a time when Katie got lost at a fair. Man, my dad was freaking out, searching for her everywhere. I was the one to actually find her, you see the whole day she was talking about playing on that 'walking on water' ride, or whatever. So I kept trying to get my dad to go that way. Which she was there, inside one of those balls, running around."